Pictures of my Stripped / Parted Out Car (sad sight warning)

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Andrew_Pakula

Pictures of my Stripped / Parted Out Car (sad sight warning)

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

As many of you know I have been parting out my car over the past month and a half. Here are some various pictures of my car stripped and parted out, these pictures were taken on various dates so some parts are no longer in the pictures, even more bare if you can beleive it. For anyone that still needs parts or is interested in what I have please see my thread in the For Sale Forum.

And what my car used to look like:

mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

and wtf you did this? shame on you man
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
sk8erdude28

Post by sk8erdude28 »

Looks like you managed to get that Strut Bar off...
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

mitmaks wrote:and wtf you did this? shame on you man
Auto Tranny died, not worth it to repair considering it was a few K shy of 300k and many other things needed to be fixed up/repaired. Had to part it out and get some money back out of it.

An unfortunate sad ending to my mx-3 but it had to be done, at least the parts went back into the MX-3 community.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

sk8erdude28 wrote:Looks like you managed to get that Strut Bar off...
Sorry man, I couldn't get it off because I didn't have any deep sockets, then a guy came and bought a bunch of stuff and had a full socket set and wanted it.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

:( that is a shame indeed, looks like you had a really nice car there! not my fave colour, but leather interior etc - looked mint.

damn nice side skirts too ;)

sucks that its all gone now, they wont make them like this ever again, to be honest... cars are all focused on emissions, comfort and safety these days.. booooooooorrrrinnnnnnng :cry:
1997, Silver, V6
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

As I looked at the sad, sad fate of this fine example of a MX3 being torn apart, I felt a strong rush of wind blow heavily on me from the open window, and then, out of nowhere, dark clouds and thunder followed soon after....... Even the Heavens are are saddend by this... :cry:
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

looks like a great drag car to me, lots of weight reduction
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Youre MAD! I cant believe youd scrap your mx like that! All you needed was a standard gearbox and a klze.. You would have had an even more pimp ride.. Im shocked!
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Boo to you.
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

C'mon guys, give him a break, I ma sure it wasn't an easy decision, but on the other hand, I would not have posted these pics unless I was going to put it back together.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I had to do what I had to do.

I've owned this car for over 6 years now, I've put on approx. 180k of the 300k on the car so as you can imagine this was a very hard thing to do.

Bottomline I needed to get some money/value out of it. It was not in a sellable condition. I was looking at a repair bill of over $1000 just for the transmission, then another $500-$1000 for other things like Rad, new brakes, rotors, callipers, etc... the list goes on. I was not prepared to invest that much money on a car with almost 300k and Rust starting to form in certain places. The cars time had come.

It was not an easy decision to come to, even after I decided I was going to part it out I couldn't bring myself to touch the car for almost 2 weeks. It just sat in my driveway until I finally forced myself to do it.

At least this way I got back some decent money for it and many parts went to good use towards other MX-3's in our community here. My car may be done but its memory will live on.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

I understand where you're coming from man. When my tranny went out on mine, I had some thoughts about just either selling it as is on ebay, or just parting it out as you did, so I could get some doe out of it too. But, when I sat down to thing about all the hard work I put into getting her right and then as I look at the pics I took off her from how I bought her in the get go to how she is now, I just couldn't do it........ I just couldn't just let her go like that. So, the consequence of me not doing that was that, I'll have to get rides from co- workers and family untill I come up with all the doe to do her up and get her running again. But, I also decided to save up for another car... this time a nice SUV and I'll just use my MX as my 2nd car instead of my work horse, which is really a good thing.
So, yeah, we might be a little tough on you.... but it's all love man and we know that was the last choice and the most difficult for you to make.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”