timing belt tentioner

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
gonzoid

timing belt tentioner

Post by gonzoid »

93 K8,on the back of it there is a hole for what looks like oil can pressurize it,but there is no oil feed on the block,could it be the wrong tensioner? Please help
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

oil doesn't go from the block to the tensioner. The only hole I know of on the tensioner is for putting a pin into when you compress it before reinstallation.
gonzoid

Post by gonzoid »

There is a hole in the back that faces the block,I could take a pic, dont know how to post it. So the tentioner only works off spring tenstion. OK thanks
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The tensioner is hydrolic (meaning fluid filled) if I'm not mistaken. The hole might be where they can get into it to rebuild it. (new vavle and fluid) I really have no idea i'm just posting crap.....
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Yes, it's hydraulic pressure. However, the whole assembly is self contained and not servicable ...... at least not by us shlocks at home. I would imagine that if they were indeed rebuilt, they'd ask for cores at the parts stores though, which they don't, so I assume all tensioners available are new units.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”