Speaker "kickplates". Ideas?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Mazderati

Speaker "kickplates". Ideas?

Post by Mazderati »

I'm wondering if anyone has done any kickplate designs that have worked well in the MX3. Pictures would be great. Measurements of kickplates and speakers used would be helpful.

Thanks for the feedback. :lol: :lol:
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

simple, tape the capeted area where you want the panel to sit with duct tape. Make sure to over tape a lot and get good coverage. Then make a backing plate with fiberglass laid on the tape to get the correct contour of the floor. Then when it is dry, you can deisgn the outside using a wood frame with fleece stretched over the frame and stapled. Then lay some fiberglass over that and you have a kickpanel. OH, by the way, make sure to include your speaker mount in the frame so that it is flat and has the correct circumfrence for the speaker. To get the mount correct cut a 3/4" thick by at least 1" wide circle that the speaker can mount to.
As for me, all I've ever seen is a 5 1/4" in a kick panel in a MX, 6 1/2"s are too large and will take up too much room in the floor board.
I have a set of 5 1/4 panels made by Coppertone (who never posts here but is a MOCA member) they are made using that technique and fit perfectly. All I need are some 5 1/4 speakers and paint the panels.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”