Replacing front wheel bearings, do I need use of a press?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
n2oklze

Replacing front wheel bearings, do I need use of a press?

Post by n2oklze »

Front right wheel bearing is shot, will I need to take the piece into a shop so they can use a press, or can I get them out using hand tools? Please reply ASAP, I will be doing the replacement tomorrow. It's 108 degrees around here so I don't want to be messing around out in the sun with them if it's impossible to remove without a press, thanks.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

you need a press.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

When i bought my axels, i asked about wheel bearings. The Part Source girl showed it to me, it comes already in the spindle as a complete unit.

$60 IIRC
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Spinkx79 wrote:When i bought my axels, i asked about wheel bearings. The Part Source girl showed it to me, it comes already in the spindle as a complete unit.

$60 IIRC
Yah, that's for the rear...not the front.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Where is "The Part Source"? in Canada, I've never heard of them before and that seems like a good price.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmmmm mine are also shot but i think the axle is also grinded down :*( it bumps after going 60 mph and i got confirmation that iut is bad bearings :( Not to steal the thread but does it matter of we use abs or non abs bearings? Also that press... they dont sell it in the us?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

PATDIESEL wrote:Where is "The Part Source"? in Canada, I've never heard of them before and that seems like a good price.
Ya it is in Canada, i think i heard its owned by Crappy Tire (Canadian Tire).
93mx3v6

Post by 93mx3v6 »

you defently need a press.. and its a tough job to do. its not really something you want to bother learning either. in my opinion of course. i took the whole hub and bearing out and took it to a shop and they did it for me, it took them 45 mins to change the bearing for me, then i took it home and put it back in. even using the press is a hard job, and if you havent done it before its gonna be a little hard to figure out.. well its kinda easy to fig out, but takes a nack to do it.
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

I HATE CANADIAN TIRE!!!!!!!!!!! THAT STUPID SONG AND THERE RETARD EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!!!! they think there the smartest people in the world and ask them a question and you wonder if you are standing in the gardening section.................IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any way make sure its not the pins coming out of the brake caliper that the pads are held in by thats what was making my clunking
they slide out and hit your rims
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”