SAFC II question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
95 rs

SAFC II question

Post by 95 rs »

would it work on my ecu??? i went through the search engine and one guy said he heard it didnt and i really need to know that b4 i go and spend the money on one and i dont need it..... and if i do end up getting it does it have to be dyno tuned?? cuz im in the middle of butt f**k nowhere and the closest dyno is like 9 hours away so if u guys could help me out on this 1 itd be greatly appriciated
forcedairram

yea

Post by forcedairram »

yea it will work and no it dont have to be dyno tuned. You can tune with a airfuel gauge to get you started, and if you got the money a wideband o2 sensor would be a good investment
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

and where would i find a wideband o2 sensor?
forcedairram

wideband

Post by forcedairram »

Wideband o2 sensors are very expensive,ranging anywhere between 300-600 USD you can order them out of jegs or summit. But your stock narrowband will be ok for your base tuning. You really dont need a wideband unless you are trying to tune the car for maximum power.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Get an EGT and Just a Narrowband O2 gauge. That is all you need. And what ECU and engine you have??? Hit me up on AIM or pm or email me and I will help ya out. Right now I am running a SAFC II with some fancy stuff and if you are just beginning with Turbo's can help ya.
forcedairram

ok

Post by forcedairram »

isnt that what i said, if you are trying to tune for maximum power and have no access to a dyno, a wideband is a MUST though, tell you exactly what your a/f is instead of just rich or lean.

Return to “Forced Induction”