For those with B6T engine.........

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

For those with B6T engine.........

Post by cjthor »

What transmission are you guys using? I am trying to use a Protege LX tranny and Corksport isnt sure the tranny will work. HELP!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i believe that the stock1.6L dohc tranny works and i was told that the protege lx tranny works also so yah im not 100% sure on that but i do believe that is right
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Thats what I'm running on my B6t and we had another car with a B6t and put a 90-93 Pro LX tranny in it as well. You'll have to modify the jack shaft mount on the passenger side stub shaft, use the Pro LX tranny, tranny mounts, clutch, and flywheel. Go to my cardomain page (link below) and look at the pics on page 3 to show the jack shaft mout modifacation.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Im rocking the sohc tranny.
Im pretty much waiting for that to grenade itself and then im going to upgrade to the pro lx.
:D
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Cj; i thought you had already got it back?

im running it right now. they were supposed to have a custom shaft mount fabed for production soon to swap over the pro LX trans easly with out drilling. it can definatly be done, too many of us have it done. who over there is working on your car. do you know?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I got all the axles and stuff made. They are now installing my B6t....kinda. We are now worling on the mounting for the transmission. Seems that the B6ze has an intermediate oil pan There are four bolts that go into the engine and 3 that go into the intermediate oil pan. They are trying to mod the intermediate pan to fit the B6t. I will keep you all posted. Jonathan is the shop foreman there and he is in charge of my car.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

I have the prolx tranny in my dohc 1.6. went in pretty smooth except for the jack shaft (halfshaft), insted of doing what JWMotorsports did, I cut the bracket off then mounted it to the block so it sits flush, then spotwelded it and then took it down and welded around the whole mount again. It seems to be working pretty good so far. Just have to turn down the mig a but since it is pretty soft metal. I will get some pics and post them later.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I eliminated the jackshaft completely and run two dirveshafts. I also installed the Mazdaspeed LSD which helps out a BUNCH. Corksport said that they can fid the mid oil pan onto the B6t to complete the circle of bolts and I will now have ALL the bolts holding the engine to the tranny. YAY!!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

the other day when i got on it, i was hoocking up as if i had a LSD. pluss its pulling in the wet like i have LSD. i just recently noticed it after i put my SRD a arm bushings in. but im glad to see you got it taken care of.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

Josh...you might want to start searching for another trans. Our 16G sleeper (forcedairram's car) broke the spider gears at the track last week. It was doing the same thing and was an open diff (Pro LX tranny). He broke it on the line and STILL beat the built Mustang.
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Wow ^ that sounds like fun. Lol what would you suggest for a transmission then?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

The Pro-LX tranny is about our best option (price range wise). The diff's supposedly could hold upto around 300 lb/ft. of torque. But that all depends on how you launch, ect... I'd recommend getting another Pro-LX trans and have the differential (at least the spider gears) cryo treated. The other option is a Limited Slip Diff. Then supposedly it can hold upto around 400 lb/ft. of torque before the end housing cracks between the Primary and Secondary Shafts wich allows them to seperate under load usually breaking 3rd gear (says Derrick @ Corksport). We are working on developing the mods needed to hold the gobs of HP and Torque my drag car will throw at it. Were expecting around 330 WHP @ 13psi and over 500 WHP @ 30psi (then I'm planning on spraying the piss out of it). I'm trying to make NDRA street class legal mods to the tranny to get it to hold the power. My drag car project is SOOOO close to being done (the test engine build up). Every time I turn around something is pulling money from the project though. I've broken one tranny in my RX-7, it's getting ready to break another (been in 2 weeks) so I just ordered a Turbo II drive line for it and now my wife wants me to sell it and take her old car, 96 Eclipse RS which I've done a bit to, she just got a 02 Miata Special Edition (told me I can't play with it :( ). I told her I'd sell the RX-7 if she'd let me get my 110GPH Fuel Pump for the drag car with some of the money. But any way, we'll figure out something for the Pro-LX trannies and I'll let you guys know what we find. Corksport's drag car is running the same Tranny as well.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

well seeing as im going AWD, i dont plan on it to last long. i figure im running about 280 to 300 to the wheels now at 15psi. the AWD trans i got has a visious LSD in it. so hopefully everything should hold for a while. we will see after i get the swap done. hopefully i will be done by the end of AUG. i will keep everyone updated. the doner car is about all torn apart.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Josh wrote:well seeing as im going AWD, i dont plan on it to last long. i figure im running about 280 to 300 to the wheels now at 15psi. the AWD trans i got has a visious LSD in it. so hopefully everything should hold for a while. we will see after i get the swap done. hopefully i will be done by the end of AUG. i will keep everyone updated. the doner car is about all torn apart.
Are you still running the b6ze head? If so where did you get cams?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

cjthor - try http://www.deltacam.com - They are based out of Tacoma WA and do all kinds of custom cam work. Also, so far, they have come up with the lowest price on HLA's I have found. A full set for a B6 @ $304 - $18 Each. Less than half what I have found from auto parts stores and from Mazda. Worth checking out and withing close shipping range for you as well. Cheers.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “Forced Induction”