Will this turbo fit a 323 GTX exhaust manifold?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
GoneAmok
Supporting Member

Will this turbo fit a 323 GTX exhaust manifold?

Post by GoneAmok »

I have been coming to the forum on-and-off for a few years now trying to amass as much knowledge as possible for a turbo project on my 96 RS. I can say that this forum has been absolutely indispensable.

Question - Would an IHI turbo (RHB52W) for a 1988-92 2.2L Ford Probe GT be a direct bolt-on to an exhaust manifold from a 88-89 323 GTX?

I believe that the IHI turbo (RHB52W) from an 1988-92 2.2L 626/MX-6 should - just wanted to verify if the same applied to the turbo for the same year(s) Probe GT. Many thanks.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

yes it does, though i know on the b6t you have to swap the wastegate actuator from the vj-14 . The one from the vj-11 hits the block. (on the b6t)
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

it fits because that is the same setup i have
GoneAmok
Supporting Member

Post by GoneAmok »

Thanks for the very quick reply guys. I should have noted in my original post that it will be installed on the stock 1.6L DOHC (B6DE).

exdream_mx3 - Are you happy with your VJ-11 set-up (I'm assuming that you have it on a 1.6L DOHC)?
facko

Post by facko »

i have the vj-11 too and it does work but as nos92 said the acutator hits the block. now being the fabricators me and my dad are, we managed to bend the mount for the actuator and extend the acuator rod enough to make it fit. it was all well worth the work tho :D the turbo makes the mx-3 alot funner to drive...and plus its always nice to watch some guys ego die after u beat their gt mustang :)
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

the setup is not on yet i got some other issues to care of first. But i've done a lot of research on it. Good luck on your project.

Return to “Forced Induction”