girls car club

Off-Topic Discussions
steelcity3

girls car club

Post by steelcity3 »

im looking to start a girls car club any girls wanna join. i have a few ideas... if ur intrested let me know
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Hey; I'm not a girl - but I am pro mx-3 clubs ............ Soooooo you might want to post where u are located, so people know if they can meet u for meets

Good Luck!!!! :D
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Yeah, where are you located, and what kind of ideas do you have?

Will this hurt the guys' feelings? :P
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

tw1st3d_cl0wn wrote:Will this hurt the guys' feelings? :P
umm... yes? :?
Image -Jim
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Awww. :wink:

After thinking about it, I don't think a local girl's car club would work out. I mean, I've seen like only 3 girls in my area, driving an MX-3, and they don't give a crap about cars or carclubs, all it is is transportation to the mall (judgmental, I know). :P

I kind of like the idea of just local people, men and women, meeting every couple of months. Plus I would kind of feel bad excluding people from a group. I'm still open to hearing steelcity's ideas though.
steelcity3

nationwide

Post by steelcity3 »

im in pittsburgh PA and i was thinking nationwide car club.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

No offense here.. but this sort of thing just cracks me up.. If there was a all Guys club for MX-3's.. women would be screaming bloody murder about equal rights (and bluntly put.. I would agree with them) Yet somehow.. women can get away with the same thing and its ok ;) Gotta love double standards LOL

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Tunes: Yeah, that's why I would feel bad about it. The whole double standards thing. I can see why she might want to start a club, since the automotive world can be discriminatory to women, and maybe she just wants to meet people she can relate to.

I don't know, I'm trying to see it from all sides, but it's getting me no where. Haha. :)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Its nothing about steelcity3 specifically.. there are lots of organizations that already exsist that are women only (and yes there are guys clubs too). It just seems to me that the whole "Sex" exclusive organization is a concept that is way past its time. Health Clubs, Golf Club Houses, Military Schools, etc.. Heck I have even heard of a Paint Ball club that is "Mens Only".. Its just stupid.. Just my opinion of course.. but sometimes I dont think the Human Race will ever mature. :shrug:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

:?:
Last edited by Ricksmx3 on June 24th, 2005, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Reeeally?

That's cool. Next time you come down, if ever, let me know!!
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

SORRY TO STEAL THE POST FOR A SEC BUT ARE THERE ALOT OF MX-3'S IN FLORIDA BECAUSE I WILL BE MOVING TO FT LAUDERDALE IN A WHILE AND WAS CURIOUS.
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

I see a few MX-3's, more lately, like in the last month, than ever before. I don't think any of the ones I've seen are on this board though. I don't know how soon you'll be in Ft. Laud, but there is a meet in August in West Palm Beach. There's more info on that in the MX-3 Meets section, and there you can see how many FL people there are on this board.
Meep

Post by Meep »

Well, I've never been fond of gender specific clubs but I guess sometimes people want to be exclusive. :confused2:

Of course, I have only seen about 5 or so MX-3s in my area. Only once have I been able to talk to any of those people and that guy was stationed here at Ft. Gordon. We'd compare who's car was in worse shape because both of us were relatively new owners. Unfortunately, he got PCSed elsewhere. :cry: As for the other people around here, they either don't care about their cars, aren't socialable, or I've just never seen them (i.e. car parked). I don't believe any of them even use the BB either.

This was just rude....
tw1st3d_cl0wn wrote: I've seen like only 3 girls in my area, driving an MX-3, and they don't give a crap about cars or carclubs, all it is is transportation to the mall
So what if I drive my MX-3 to the mall!?!? Of course its transportation, its a car and I work at the mall! :lol:
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

:?:
Last edited by Ricksmx3 on June 24th, 2005, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3

Return to “Off-Topic”