does this even really help?? and what does it do?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
95 rs

does this even really help?? and what does it do?

Post by 95 rs »

ok i was looking in a parts catalog and i seen an intercooler sprayer for 100 bones and im just wondering what it does and if its really worth getting?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I think I have seen what you are referring too.. mostly in drag race cars where heat is a huge issue.. what it is, is a water vapor spray system that sprays water vapor into the fins of the intercooler adding to the cooling effciency of the intercooler. Same sort of effect that you see from fans misting cool water onto NFL players on the sidelines between plays. As to whether its worth the cash.. guess that depends on how much heat you are generating or plan to generate :) Best of luck.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

what it is, is a water vapor spray system that sprays water vapor into the fins of the intercooler adding to the cooling effciency of the intercooler.
Thats right. It comes standard now on some cars (Evo 8 for one). Don't know how much use they are for general driving (probably not much) but they are fitted to all race cars.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Return to “Forced Induction”