I almost died over the weekend

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

I almost died over the weekend

Post by Dominicanchu_Nmbr1 »

:oops: It all started out on Sunday...I had both my lambo doors up. I wanted to see if I could fit bigger speakers on my doors. As I go and sit on the passenger door, I take off the cover of the the speaker...everythings going fine, and by some act of the devil :twisted: , the passenger door comes swinging down right in front of my face. After coming down, the bastard door just starts bouncing up and down and it reached the bottom and my mouth is like so far down I tasted the concrete... holy sh!!!t I thought to myself. At the moment, I wasn't even thinking about my life.... I was just like... dammit! why???? after looking and thinkiing about what happened for five minutes, I try to open the door, but the s.o.b. refused to stay up... took off the fender, and looked at the door hinge closely. All looked well, but then I noticed...duuuuh, the shock! no pressure at all. I took the shock out, and yeah, that was the problem. I'm guessing the shock I got was meant for four doors (those shocks are weaker than the ones for two door vehicles). Since my warranty was up, I can't exchange them, but at least my driver door is still up... for now. Definitely getting new shocks! Anyone know of good places to look? Shea told me of one spot, but I wanna shop around and see whats up.
-=[Irving A.]=-
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

lambos kill people
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

i'll wear a helmet around it until i get stronger shocks then...
-=[Irving A.]=-
mx3mikey

Post by mx3mikey »

Hey...you'll look like Special Ed. Yaaaaayyyy, I pee'd in your pool...yaaaay!
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

WOW!! I'm glad you're ok man!
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

wow lol.. i'm glad i'm selling my hinges :lol:

but hey u got them from shea? and they actually work?? mine's bolts dont even match up on em. :roll:
92 Autozam AZ3
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

woah, i never even thought of something like that happening :shock:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

no need to sell those hinges sam! its just that i had the wrong shocks. they told me i was sent the shocks designed for four door cars, which have smaller doors, thus, the weaker shock. The sucky part is that I can't exchange it anymore... :( I "didn't notify them within the warranty period". But screw it, I'm getting shocks made from someone already.

Sam: how much are you sellin' em for anyways? I wouldn't mind havin' two lambo'd mx3z... 8)
-=[Irving A.]=-
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

What about the ones that hold up our hatches? Wouldnt then be strong enough? I have a hell of a time pulling my hatch back down :D
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

i wouldn't even try it. you'd be able to compress the hatch ones by pressing them against the floor, but if you tried it w/one from a lambo shock, it won't move at all. too weak-i don't even wanna try it, cuz then i know i WOULD die!
-=[Irving A.]=-

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”