So I think I have finally decided...

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Tunes67
Supporting Member

So I think I have finally decided...

Post by Tunes67 »

So what do you guys think of these rims? They meet my criteria.. though they are a bit more $$$ than I originally wanted to spend.. but they do make them in my size & bolt pattern and they only weigh 9.3lbs. Check em out...

Link

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

ya they look nice
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

:2thumbsup:
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

Those look friggin' great man, and the weight only makes them look even nicer. I see they're not forged, though. I'd assumed for a wheel to have little enough material in it to be lightweight, it'd be necessary to forge it. Are you sure they won't be too weak?
'95 RS: RIP
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

To be honest.. I dont know.. I can tell you that my car is more of a commuter ride than a performance car.. And these rims are a 14X6 size.. the pic is a bit deceiving.. the style is the same.. but the pic shows a bigger rim and 5 lug.. If you goto http://www.tirerack.com and punch in a 1994 MX-3.. this is one of the rims that comes up for the car.. But I wont be doing any autocrossing or anything more stressful than normal daily driving.. they should be ok I would think.. I am open to opinions on this though :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I was considering getting these in 15x7 size for autocross.

And to be honest, i'd get the bright-a-- orange too b/c I am teh r1c3r111

you should too! cone-orange is awesome!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

BTW: what is your criteria for rims anyways?

It seems that paying $500 + tires for some new wheels that aren't going to be used for road racing is a waste.

The Kosei's are designed to be light-as-hell and used for road racing. Thats why they come in an uncommonly-wide 15x7 size. You usually can't find any rim that is offered in 15x7 only 6.5 or 6.

If you want some nice looking 14x6's why not get some miata rims? I like the way they look:

DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

LMAO Yeah I saw those too.. I did like the dark gray ones better but they dont offer them in the stock size. :P

Tunes67

V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

WOW DUDE those are a knock off of the enkei rpf1 which is a sweet rim so yea I like them :2thumbsup:
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Well here is my criteria.. I already have a good set of tires that I am quite happy with, and I have a set of 4 snow tires as well all for 14X6 rims.. but.. I want a rim that looks much better than my stock steelies and would like to cut the weight of the wheels as much as possible. I was looking at a set of Miata BBS rims that came in a 14X6 on the 93 (I think) Miata.. they only weigh 8.5 lbs. but every time I find a set (3 times so far) they end up selling for over $800.. Now the tires I have are more of a touring tire than a performance tire.. so unless I want to be out the entire expense of new tires as well as new rims I figured I would just find a nice light weight 14X6 to put my touring tires on and put my snow tires (they came with the car and are in new condition) on my steelies. I really dont want to spend that much on rims for this car to be honest.. but I do want the lighter weight. Anyway.. thats the corner I am backed into ;)

Tunes67

Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

yeah that style i showed is the 99+ base model miata ones.

not sure what they weigh, but I doubt it is much. I know the 94-97 miata rims w/the multispokes are 14x6 and weigh like 10 lbs. The 90-93 "flower" wheels are 5.5" wide tho.
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

A little warning on the Kosei rims...

I knoe several who has had them, and they all complained about extremely poor quality.
They didnt last long before they werent round anymore etc.

Dont wanna ruin your moment, but keep it in mind, as these are actually extremely cheap, lightweight rims. (theres usually a reason lightweight rims costs lots of money).

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Dont wanna ruin your moment, but keep it in mind, as these are actually extremely cheap, lightweight rims. (theres usually a reason lightweight rims costs lots of money).
Thanks for mentioning this.. I called my vendor about this and he informed me that they will provide a lifetime warranty on road hazard damage to the rims (Bending, out of round, etc) But the finish of the rim will only have a 1year warranty. So they will likely get all scratched up.. but then again.. I am not looking to do any racing or autocrossing with these.. I am not even going with a low profile tire on them either. But definately thanks for the heads up on them.. if I find they do start giving me problems.. eh.. my buddies at Discount tire will let me swap them for something else under the warranty. :) Now I just gotta pay of a couple more debts and I can afford to get them ;)

Tunes67

Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

I have 16x7.5 eagle alloys that are similar to the wheels you want. Only they are a 5 spolk pattern instead of six. They ride pretty nicely and I got them from my bro for a rediculous deal (he needed money badly). Here's a pic...
http://www.aitracing.com/catalog/index. ... 6e1239c92c
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.

Return to “Appearance”