VIRS valve

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shawno

VIRS valve

Post by shawno »

Ok i ahve done my KLZE engine swap but its not running right do i have to switch over my VRIS or VIRS valve or waht ever from the 1.8L to the 2.5.

And theres a crazy sreaming skretching sound when i let off the gas but its gone under accleeration
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Well does the current Intake manifold have the VRIS on it? If not then yes, you do have to switch it over.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

you dont switch it unless the vris that came with the ze intake manifold is fubar
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Are you referring to the VRIS solenoids that control the VRIS valves within the IM. You haven't specified the type of IM you are using. Whichever IM you are using you should use the corresponding VRIS controlling solenoids. I believe the openning and closing points of the VRIS are linked to the ECU in use. Therefore not utilizing the correct components that are meant to compliment each other could lead to erractic and troublesome tuning issues.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

yup, use the correct solenoids for the intake, don't mix and match.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

jschrauwen wrote:Are you referring to the VRIS solenoids that control the VRIS valves within the IM. You haven't specified the type of IM you are using. Whichever IM you are using you should use the corresponding VRIS controlling solenoids. I believe the openning and closing points of the VRIS are linked to the ECU in use through the VRIS solenoids. Therefore not utilizing the correct components that are meant to compliment each other could lead to erractic and troublesome tuning issues.
Having said all that, there is room for deviations but of course at the cost of optimum performance potential. That is to say, there are those that may run the K8 IM on a ZE engine. If that were the case then to compliment that configuration, the K8 VRIS solenoids would be necessary, along with the K8 ECU, and JE50 VAF. A confirmation of adequate air/fuel mixture could be verified by a plug chop. There are other configurations, one specifically would be one that I ran for a short period of time. A ZE with Millennia IM, Millennia VRIS solenoids and fuel rail, KL01 ECU and KL02 VAF. This is not a perfect set-up but adequate for the short term. So to reiterate, components must compliment each other for efficiency and effectiveness = a lot less headaches.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”