What do you guys think about street racing?

Off-Topic Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

What do you guys think about street racing?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I really dont see anything bad with street racing to a extent
Fast and The Furious type of street racing is just stupid, no doubt about it.
Racing on a street where not many cars are around all the way to 75mph (on a 45mph zone) is alright
But Street racing over 75mph is just stupid. I mean, thats when most crashes happen. Even on a freeway

What do you guys think, is it alright to street race every now and then?

I'm just curious because I see this site has alot of people that hate street racing
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Think about it. If you hit a person doing 75, you are going to kill them if you hit a person at 40 you are going to kill them. Even if you are on a street that is deserted, things happen. The best thing to do is NOT TO STREET RACE. The road is never a controlled enviroment and you know that. Do yourself a favor, think about your future and end it. I know its fun, gives you a kick, beleive me its not worth it.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

only way to street race would be to block off all traffic/civilians so you can have whole street to race on, still would be more fun than at 1/4 mile drag strip.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Street racing is BAD!
::looks over shoulder::
:roll:
I don't street race, only have a couple times when people piss me off. I don't see anything wrong with dropping gears on the highway late at night... except that it's against the law.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

street racing is so damn stupid!

You are putting yourself and others at risk.

Take it to the track.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Hey, I hardly ever street race
Its just the way I see it, getting up to 75mph then slowing down isnt as bad as racing all the way to 90mph
Got to keep the braking zone small you know
Infact, reaching 75mph isnt even a full 1/4 mile length

Also, hardly anyone gets hurt when it comes to racing from 0 - 100mph on a street. I hear of people doing that so much but I hardly ever hear about anyone dieing because of a street race
Now think about it, 0-100mph is pretty dangerous because your car wont brake as fast as going 70mph
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

You also can't brake as well from 70 as you can from the posted 45 limit.
'95 RS: RIP
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

People always say street racing is a crime well it is, I do it from time to time but do I tell people is good for them no, everyone makes there choices in life but if anyone here is going to street race at least go somewhere where there is no innocent people to get hurt. We have a place we go outside of town were noone lives were its just a stretch of concrete and a place for cars to park, we race away from the cars and never back, that way the only people at risk are the people driving. I guess mine is not what people call street racing because it's not on public streets packed with cars. Many people don't like my view but illegal racing has been around since cars have and it will never stop.
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

My opinion is that racing in a controlled area is always safer for everyone. But it's true that street racing will never go away. As for me, my car is too slow to race anything, so I save all my street racing fun for Need for Speed Underground. :wink:
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

We have illegal streetracing events here in Memphis that is in an industrial park, similar to that you see in the Fast and the furious.

In the past 5 years I bet 10 or more people have been killed, and atleast 1/2 of them were just watching.

We had a guy just recently get killed on a motorcycle.

He was leaving to go home and an MX-3 owner was as well, they were beside each other not really racing, but playing around acting like it when all of a sudden some kid in a civic decides to pull out, causeing the guy on the bike to lay it down and hit his head on the civics rear bumper, breaking his neck. The kid tried to rip off his license plate and run. (Cant blame the kid, if he stayed he'd have probably been beaten to death. The people there flipped his car over on the street.

If they had taken it to the track, none of this would have happened.
No accident from street racing was purposely done. People die probably daily from street racing, you could be next and you may not even be the one racing.

TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

While I cant say I have never raced on the street.. I can say that it is pretty stupid. Aggressive driving of any sort will get you or someone hurt or killed. I am pretty sure the 2 guys racing their Ninja's in and out of traffic on Bothell Way near where I work thought it was a blast.. till one of them couldnt make the corner and T-Boned a toyota corolla.. The lady driving it was injured but survived.. the dude on the bike will apparently never walk (or ride) again. So.. I guess he ended up a bigger loser than he ever dreamed he would. But I am sure it was fun while it lasted eh? ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

I dont see a point in it, if you've got something to prove, go to the track.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I've lost the only 3 people that I ever new who were even into cars as a result of street racing. It used to be the 4 of us tearing it up at the track, but because of one night of stupidity and a stupid ricer trying to race them that I sit here now, alone. I only wish I was there to talk them out of it. I have indeed raced on the street before but never again. Keep it on the track, yes, but be careful there as well. I think a few of you read my horror story about what happened to my Subaru at the track :wink: Pleasssssssssse, spend the 20 bucks and go to the track. It's not a risk worth taking. Drive safely!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yah street racing can be fun, but really it is a waste, i mean when you know your car is quick why race on the street?

Of course its nice to drop it into 2nd and kick it hard for a second and thats good enough for me as im not racing anyone and enjoying my car without trying to prove anything to anyone.

Ill admit i have done it, but then again i suppose everyone has at one point in their life and i paritally blame the drivers (myself) as well, but i also blame the community as the community, police etc..etc.. dont make it easy for people to enjoy their "sport" and dont make it very public about where you can take your car to rip it around a track. If they actually made a public effort to have a hot dog day down at the track every weekend where first timers could take their car on a 2 lap freebie to see what racing is about then i think alot of people would learn that the streeets are way more unpredictable then the track, as the track you wipe out on hard corners even though the pavement is flawless and no potholes and no traffic yet you still spun it into the dirt. Then take that learning experience and couple it with traffic, people and telephone poles and then they learn quicker about whats at stake.

street racing Fun yes, ideal no, we all need to work together to boost the sport of track racing and fun track days so we dont get a bad rap. And try to get the community involved as it keeps punks in honda accords from trying to egg on tuners and gives the tuners a place to play.

ps. stock car racing doesnt count as its the most boring thing ever invented, giant long cars that go in circles. in fact i think i owned one of those when i was like 7 years old, and i just pulled the electric trigger to make my car go in circles... after an hour i never played with it again. BORING.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

The problem with street racing is the ricers. There are a thousand people who put a cai on a civic and think their street racers. They think it's awesome like the movies and want to be cool... posers.

In an area like mine, no only a few people want to go to the drag strip. The most I've seen there is like 40. It's almost an hour away and it's $30 to race. I've done it there and like it better than the street, so I won't be going back to the street.

It is dangerous, however, when done in an industrial style area at 1 in the morning, realistically the only people there will be spectators and racers. These are people who know the risks (common sense here) and if they die street racing, they knew it could happen. I hate seeing the people crying, giving seminars saying how bad and dangerous it is when their sibling gets killed because most of the time they were a spectator or racer themselves having a great ol' time there.

It's never going to go away, but it really doesn't bug me. I just avoid those areas and leave them be.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!

Return to “Off-Topic”