Headlight Assemblies

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.

Headlight Assemblies

Post by Guest »

I have a 92 mx-3 in need of headlight assemblies mine have turned milky and are hard to see through, I live in the midwest but will pay shipping from anywhere in the US<P>------------------<BR>James Martin<BR>e-mail me for amsoil catalog!
kidkai

Re: Headlight Assemblies

Post by kidkai »

If it's seems like there's a little film on the outside of your headlight, just clean the film. I have a cleaner that cleans it. I just can't think of it's name. It works great. I actually scrubbed my headlight w/ a "green pad," but ended up scratching it. So, I bought some of that stuff. It works like wax. Bought it @ autozone. I'll check out the name later. My cars outside.
'92 Mazda RS
kidkai

Post by kidkai »

Yeah...It's made by Turtle Wax. It's pretty strong shiznitz. I bought my car too. The lamps were fogged up w/all that yellow stuff on the front. I got it cleaned pretty good.
'92 Mazda RS

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the replys, It is more than a film, I have owned the car a while and it can not be just cleaned off, the plastic has turned milky caused by weather and heat, the car lived in ca. for several years before I bought it so I think it was caused by something there, I will still try and see if it will polish out.<P>------------------<BR>James Martin<BR>e-mail me for amsoil catalog!
Baelor

Post by Baelor »

The Headlights will collect water inside and get that Yellowish film from the water sitting in there. I suggest you take out the casing, pour some bleach and soapy water in there(shake it up) let it sit for an hour or two, wash it out, blow dry with a hair dryer. Yeah sounds retarded, but better than paying 238 bucks to get it replaced. rub some commet on a rag, but make sure you wet the commet first so its pasty so you dont scratch the lens. if that doesn't work well yer SOL.<P>oh yeah watch out for that bolt on the bottom of the light casing, you almost have to lift the light up to get to it.<P>
B

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”