B6E turbo?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
jordy

B6E turbo?

Post by jordy »

hi guys,

I can buy a B6E turbo engine for a good price. But I don't know exactly the specs and of it will fit the 1.6 mx-3. I've searched google and this forum but I couldn't find anything usefull. Can anyone please tell me the amount of horsepower it has and an confirmation that it will fit my car. If you thing that me english sucks, than forgive me, I'm dutch.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

isn't the b6E a carberated version of the SOHC?
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

first off what is the engine out of, that will help us help you. :)
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
jordy

Post by jordy »

The guy i'm going to buy it from wanted to swap it in his 323F bg. Donno of this helps? He says it has 150 HP. And he (and myself) think it does fit becouse the engines of the 323F and the mx-3 are combatible with eachother. And I know only the 1.6 B6T or BPT, so I didn't know for sure of it would fit.
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

from what it sounds is that it is the j-spec or e-spec b6t, yea it will fit into the mx-3
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

jordy

Post by jordy »

I went looking for it and it has an VJ12 turbo on it. Is that a good or a bad thing? BTW there is a B6ZE version of the 323, this is a 1.6 turbo with 150 BHP made from '86 to '89 orso. Any change this is the one I bought?
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

You'll need a hood scoop or something because the IC piping that goes to the intake manifold will hit the hood if you don't.
jordy

Post by jordy »

yeah i know, can you give me some pionters? But can someone please andswer the questions I posted earlier :roll:
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

jordy wrote:yeah i know, can you give me some pionters? But can someone please andswer the questions I posted earlier :roll:
Well you said you searched the forums so of course you went to the 4cyl FAQ's right?? Didn't you :wink: http://mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=34806
jordy

Post by jordy »

yeah i did, but i thought that the info would be in the VJ turbo availability section . I have looked in the B6T-swap section but i never thought that the info would be in such a long story :roll: . But thanx! Anyway the guy says that it is a B6E, witch is not possible cause it is DOHC. It has to be the B6ZE then. F*ck it, i'll just swap the b----, it's turbo anyway :twisted:
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

you could always check the Vehicle Identification numbers (Vin) on the block and google it, to see what kind of engine it is, dont ask me where to find them though.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

Return to “Forced Induction”