greetings from melbourne!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
kaze

greetings from melbourne!

Post by kaze »

hey all,

just discovered this site... i just sold my corolla and am getting a Eunos 30X 1.8L V6... :roll: can't wait!

anyhow, just wanted to know the enginecode for this particular engine, and where is the engine number??

also, my mate told me to check the ignition timing... how do i do that?

i
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

the engine thing is K ....something

ermmm dunno ! someone will tho ;)

as for ignition timing, I believe its all kept under control by the ECU.... dont think theres much you can do about it, so just ignore your mate ;) y'd only get problems with it, if it was a Jap one mapped for 102 RON and you started using 95RON in it or something, but I dont think there'll be many MX-3s using 102RON because... well, its not exactly a skyline is it.. 8) no, no...its far far better than that :lol: (well, I dunno actually.. but I think the MX-3 is a great car to drive, real genuine fun.. can't get enough of mine.. hope you really enjoy yours!!!!! im sure you will.. look after it and it'll do you proud )
1997, Silver, V6
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Welcome! The engine number will be on your rego papers :D Did you want to check it matches or something? If you really need to know I can have a look later but its a bit early yet to go crawling through the engine bay.

Good choice of car - you won't regret it - especially after owning a Corolla.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

welcome to da BB!
Image -Jim

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”