Car Deck Install Question

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mpertz

Car Deck Install Question

Post by mpertz »

I have a 1992 MX3 GS, I'm looking to change the deck. I know the car has an antitheft but im not sure if it is connected to the OEM deck or if its somthing seperate. If I remove the deck and install a new one do I need some sort of a bypass for the antitheft or do I just connect it as normal without any sort of bypass :?:
Chino921

Post by Chino921 »

just buy a wiring harnes to plug into stock connectors and splice together the deck wires to the harnes wires. nothin' to it.

P.S. harness costs about $15 U.S.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

The anti-theft is built into the tape deck, so unless you wanna install it again, no worries there. I'd definately reccomend a harness, but if you can't find one(like me), theres a stereo wiring diagram in the FAQ section I believe
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Blotto

Post by Blotto »

Hehe...I got my harness for $4.60 but that was with discount from Circuit City.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

the anit theft is bull nothing happens it just to scare ppl off and make old ladys feel happy it just meen that our cars have a immoblizer in the steering coloum so if some one trys to start the car without a key the starter won't engage no worry if you have the harness and also your a bastard i had to spend $10 for mine
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”