To anybody with a set of headers!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdubber

To anybody with a set of headers!!!

Post by mazdubber »

I'm trying to find a bolt to plug the EGR on the OBX headers. I'm pretty sure it's an M22 fine thread. Now I've been absolutely everywhere and can't find this ultra rare bolt! Where did you guys get yours from???
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

I think people just leave it unpluged, but I am not sure.
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

lucky13 wrote: I think people just leave it unpluged, but I am not sure.
ummm no.. leaving it unplugged would be a bad idea. You need to plug it somehow. I was also looking for this plug.
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

lucky13 wrote: I think people just leave it unpluged, but I am not sure.
Yah DO NOT leave it unpluged lmao, bad idea.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Yeah, I know it has to be plugged. But I can't find the bolt anywhere!!! I'll try a few more industrial supply places tomorrow I guess. This is a real PITA!!!
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
mx3-ze

Post by mx3-ze »

I went to a local ma and pa hardware store with the egr fitting I cut off my car. It matched up with a threaded plug with an allen socket in the back of it. Put some copper rtv on it and it screwed right in. Hardest part was getting a decent turn on the allen wrench due to tight space. Seemed to be a regular pipe thread. Hope this helps
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

well if you don't need the egr anymore, why not cut off the end part with the threads and just weld the little hole shut. Or just fill the threaded hole with a weld?
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Yea I would just take the old EGR piece with threads and weld it shut then put it back on.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3-ze wrote:I went to a local ma and pa hardware store with the egr fitting I cut off my car. It matched up with a threaded plug with an allen socket in the back of it. Put some copper rtv on it and it screwed right in. Hardest part was getting a decent turn on the allen wrench due to tight space. Seemed to be a regular pipe thread. Hope this helps
If it's a regular pipe thread than finding a suitable plug should be fairly easy. Pipe threads only come in a certain amount of sizes. The transmission fill and drain plug use a 23mm sized head - don't recall it being a fine thread pattern though.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

Yep...I cut the fitting off of the pipe that came with my headers...and got them to weld it shut when they did my muffler
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

take the egr pipe they give you, crush one end of it so yo ucan remove one of those threaded nut thingys. Then have the exhaust shop weld the nut thingy shut.

thats waht i did at least....that way i can remove the plug if i ever resell the headers to someone who has EGR.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”