Pinned my problem down

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ManoWar

Pinned my problem down

Post by ManoWar »

Hi i realised that my problem (idle dropping) is only caused when i press the clutch. No other thing makes noticeable difference. The rpm drops to 300-400 (sometimes it stalls) and then if i keep the clutch down i get a slight increase, only when i release it the car returns to normal.

I checked the sensor behind the clutch ( the one to make the car start only when u press the clutch) and it has nothing to do with my problem. What else could it be.....
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

heh, interesting

My car idles at ~700 ish rpm or so.. under 1000 anyways, but thats normal

if I also push my clutch in it also drops to 300/400 ....never stalls tho, it seems perfectly happy to idle down there... as soon as I bring the clutch up, back to 700ish it goes....

I dont really worry about it tho, tbh.. I dont sit in traffic with the clutch down, its far too heavy for extended periods of that!!! :shock:
1997, Silver, V6
ManoWar

Post by ManoWar »

snellgrove wrote:heh, interesting

My car idles at ~700 ish rpm or so.. under 1000 anyways, but thats normal

if I also push my clutch in it also drops to 300/400 ....never stalls tho, it seems perfectly happy to idle down there... as soon as I bring the clutch up, back to 700ish it goes....

I dont really worry about it tho, tbh.. I dont sit in traffic with the clutch down, its far too heavy for extended periods of that!!! :shock:
for me it might still be ok. But its annoying. Sometimes if i am not carefull when i release the clutch it stalls when going forward. Its really annoying and i have a feeling thats why i failed my emmisions.

Going again soon thanks too toomuchtime and cyn who helped me out to change my spark plugs which where in REALLLY bad condition now i hope i'll manage to pass
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I believe you may be experiencing the exact opposite of what should be happening. When the clutch is depressed followed by placing it in gear the rpms are supposed to rise ever so slightly at the point when it's put into gear in anticipation of the clutch being released. I experienced that all of the time for the past 10 years with the K8 and only until the ZE did I not have the same feature.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”