Clutch

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
shawno

Clutch

Post by shawno »

I am gettin the KLZE motor for my Mx-3 and i want to get a good clutch for it i was thinkin of a two stage, but will a normal stock clutch do the trick.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

No get an aftermarket clutch. Do a search on here for act, clutchmasters, spec, or centerforce clutches and then decides which one is for you
shawno

Post by shawno »

Are the Clutches for the 1.8L the same for the 2.5L so i could just get a stock 92 1.8L clutch and it will work for the 2.5L
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

shawno wrote:Are the Clutches for the 1.8L the same for the 2.5L so i could just get a stock 92 1.8L clutch and it will work for the 2.5L
Yes, interchangeable.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Would the stock 2.5L clutch hold up on the KL since the DE and the ZE have about the same amount of torque?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

there was a couple ppl on here using the exedy one on ebay and said it was holding up. And that clutch is only cheap to about $110 and i have heard nothing but good things about it.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

solo_ryder wrote:Would the stock 2.5L clutch hold up on the KL since the DE and the ZE have about the same amount of torque?
It should. But why not just pay a bit more and get a Stage 2 Clutch?
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Macen

Post by Macen »

I have the Exedy. No problem with that one.
But if you are going to do hard launches at strips, you maybe should get an even better one.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I think if someone bought a stock clutch they'd regret it down the road.
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
shawno

Post by shawno »

Where can I find a Stage two clutch
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

just look for act stage 2 or centerforce stage 2. you could find a performance shop and ask for one or look online. most brands make stage 2 clutches.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”