need help installing side markers

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
BLue STeeL

need help installing side markers

Post by BLue STeeL »

i know there is some shaving that has to be done on the side markers to allow them to fit properly, but can someone tell me if i have to shave the marker itself or something on the car where it fits in. right now mine are in but are slanted down. i hate it. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
92 MX3 GS
92 MX3 RS - for sale ask for details
matt-gerrard
Supporting Member

sides

Post by matt-gerrard »

I just love the cars that we have no matt-er(lol) how little or much you do to them there all so beautiful!Drive it, like you stole it!'92 gs V6
http://www.dfwmazdas.com/vbulletin/imag ... 1148070546
BLue STeeL

Post by BLue STeeL »

this might help. but i was talking about the clear side markers that replace the stock amber ones on the side of the car. I can't get the rear ones to fit and I think on the corksport site it says will fit with additional work, i was just wondering what that additional work is.
92 MX3 GS
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

BLue STeeL wrote:this might help. but i was talking about the clear side markers that replace the stock amber ones on the side of the car. I can't get the rear ones to fit and I think on the corksport site it says will fit with additional work, i was just wondering what that additional work is.
If the Corksport ones are anything like the ones I got for a Miata then I know what you mean about not sitting flush. Haven't done mine yet but basically, taking a heat gun to the unit and separating it so as to trim down one piece (or both) and then re-attach (silicone).
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
BLue STeeL

Post by BLue STeeL »

yeah i'm thinking about trying the same approach.
92 MX3 GS

Return to “Appearance”