speedometer problems

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
gapimpin

speedometer problems

Post by gapimpin »

ok i have a 92 rs manual with a busted speedometer cable just about to put a new suspension on it mines toast also got new intake exhaust and did a major tune up all belts filters plugs wires coil cap and rotor i dont really have 80 bucks to get a new cable from a dealer does anyone have one that they could sell me or will one of the universal cut to fit ones on ebay work? could really use some input i have exactly 9days to get this car street legal or im f@#%ed
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Have you tried calling junkyards in your area to see if there are any MX-3's you could get parts from? Just a thought..

Tunes67
gapimpin

Post by gapimpin »

yea i tried that unfortunatly no junk yards locally have mx3's and in my 7years hear i have only seen 2 other people that drive them i would like to know is anyone else in the forum from austin tx.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

gapimpin

Post by gapimpin »

thanx Custommx3 they had it for $45 guess thats the best i can do still wondering if one of those cut to fit cables will work though anyone know?
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

You could also get cables from Proteges (90-94). Either the dx or the lx model will work. I've also found that the there is little difference btwn the auto and manual cars speedo cables so it dose not matter which one you choose. Good luck finding one.
mx3hobbyist

Re: speedometer problems

Post by mx3hobbyist »

try the speedometer cable for a 83-87 626, it's the one i used, and it only cost me $10. Good Luck.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”