[FS]NEW from Mazda, '92-93 seatbelts *Lower Price*

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Kenzie

[FS]NEW from Mazda, '92-93 seatbelts *Lower Price*

Post by Kenzie »

Hey guys,
Before my RS crapped out I had the seatbelts replaced at Floyd Traylor Mazda in Fort Smith, AR.
The guy who owned the car before me clipped all the power wires running to the belts, after they started to stick, so the new belts never worked. I was going to have the wiring replaced but the headgasket blew shortly after.
So...the belts and motors are brand new with original receipt and for sale. I haven't come up with a price yet but I'm open for suggestions until I can determine a fair starting price. If you want pics I can take some with my camera phone but that's about as good as it gets.
If I don't have much luck here I'll probably list them on eBay in a few weeks.

Thanks
Kenzie

EDIT: I'm gonna start the price at $250 for the set + shipping. I'm still open for serious offers though. Just keep in mind they're $700 each new.
I'm not going to sell them seprately so please do not ask. :wink:

Price has been lowered to $100 plus shipping.
Last edited by Kenzie on June 10th, 2005, 7:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

(hey you guys... not to burst your bubble... but im pretty sure mazda will fix your seatbelts for free because its under a recall... i could be nuts... but they did it for me :) )
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Yes, Mazda will replace them in most cases, however, some members have had trouble getting them replaced. A lotta times if your car has a salvage title or anything of that nature the dealership will not honor the recall.
Also, it never hurts to have a backup set. Mazda isn't going to keep these in stock forever and they can't replace a part that they don't have. (And if you're like me you're MX3 isn't going anywhere anytime soon!)

Like I said, I'm open to all offers, but I think $250 for a $1400 set of belts isn't bad. (If you don't believe that they're $700 each you can call Mazda. :lol: Those ppl are crazy!)
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Well the thing is they have to get them and replace them. They replace the 92-93 with the 94+ which are under lifetime warrenty. If i remeber right. The recalls is on the MX-3.com homepage.
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

FYI: I'm not trying to screw anyone over here.
I had the parts lying around and figured I'd put them up here.
If you can get the dealership to replace them then go for it. I'm not trying to stop you.
They replace the 92-93 with the 94+ which are under lifetime warrenty
When you have your belts fixed on recall they only change the parts I have listed, the tracks and motors, they don't change the style to the '94+. (If that's what you mean.)
And, yes, they do have a lifetime warranty but that doesn't mean that you won't run into complications 10 years from now.

So to recap:
There is a recall on these parts and you can probably get them replaced at your local dealership. If you need info go to the main page and look under Recalls.
If you want these parts then make an offer.

Thanks.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Don't they give you a hassle if they've already been replaced?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Yep, like I said, these came outta my RS and they're the third set it's had. They were changed right after the recall was issued ('97?) but they stopped working right before I bought it in '01.
My dealership originally said, "Sorry the recall was already taken care of for this car," but after I called Mazda USA they replaced them, but then screwed me over by making me pay for the install. (They gave me some BS reason why: $56 an hour for 4 hours! +tax) So that's why I'm trying to get $250.

With my GS it took them a week to find a warehouse (or whatever) that had the belts. When they finally got them in the guy totally raped my interior! They gave me $200 to replace one of the pieces that was broken but that took several phone calls and it was a HUGE headache. Now I have to drive to a dealership that's an hour away to get any decent service. (Keep in mind, we're a Mazda family so we're at the dealership a lot: I own 2 MX3s and my boyfriend has a RX7 fetish....haha!)

Please, don't think I'm trying to make a profit off free parts. I'm just trying to get back what I have in them.
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

:bump: $175 shipped to US and maybe Canada
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Recall on your seatbelts is apparently only for 10 years after that mazda dealership can refuse to fix them and if you get the recall done adn they still go out then your screwed because they do not have to fix them again
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

:bump: $150 shipped to US and maybe Canada
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

:bump:
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

Price lowered...$100 + shipping (will ship anywhere)

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”