I call BS....

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Chasing_Size

I call BS....

Post by Chasing_Size »

So I'm at the beach, and about to leave, this crowd of guys approaches me and my friends, we get to talking, and he basically asks me what I think i'd run in the 1/4 mile, And whats under my hood and stuff, so were talking, etc, and he asks me to race him, from a rolling start on the highway... Now I know were not supposed to post race storys and such, but this just has to be told...

I take his buddy for a spin in my car, and he has a video camera with him, So I'm thinking, Ok' if they take video cameras around with them, they obviously have something done to their car..... So We get back and hes like, yeah its pretty fast, but I still think the crx would give you a go.. I'm like, what's it got in it? He's like, "stock" all his other buddies are like " stock " blah blah blah, I'm like ok, Can I look under the hood, hes like, nah man, the hood latch is busted, I'm like ok fine, let me try to pop the hood and see if its busted... So finally he just gets embareassed and pops it... I'm no honda expert, but he "claimed" it was a dohc zc with only 150 hp to the flywheel.... The engine had a black plastic casing on the top of it, like the newer honda engines did, With the spark plug wires covered down the center of the engine, all it said was dohc vtec on it

So anyways, fine, we race... first race was neck and neck.... but by the end of his third he still beat me , i was right on his a--, and then he said he blew his shift... guess what, he was telling the truth, we went for a second run, and this guy just DESTROYED me, he had at LEAST 2 car lengths on me, he pulled away so strong...

Can a ZC dohc vtec in a crx do that? I'm running an 03 w/ ms8 intake manifold and ze fuel rail/injectors, 10mm wires, cold air intake, full 2.5 exhaust, and my clutch doesn't slip AT ALL... he also said hes beaten a new bmw... common, I'm no honda expert , but a dohc vtec ZC???

[WATCH THE LANUGAGE]
1992 Mazda mx3 gs / 03 / ms8 intake manifold / klze 67mm bored TB/ Custom CAI / 2.5 Custom exhaust / Drift kit front and sides/ CF Invader hood / 17'' MSR gunmetals with chrome lip / Tockico Blues / Suspension technique springs / Leather interrior/ B&M SS / Fully customized interrior (Red and black) / Corvette Red 00 Paint w/ white,blue,gold pearl / Shaved altezzas w/ black trim/ Front rear strut bars / ze ecu ( I think that's all )
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

that isn't a zc. no zc is vtec. ITs probably a b16a.

bone stock b16a in a CRX runs low 14 - high 13 which is by itself enough to kick your cars a--.

ZC is a 130hp non vtec engine.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Chasing_Size

Post by Chasing_Size »

i fekking KNEW IT!!!

I found out the truth... Talked to one of the guys that was there, that guy has a god damn TYPE R top end with a GSR bottom end... fully built, no honda on the hwy has that high of gear ratios....
1992 Mazda mx3 gs / 03 / ms8 intake manifold / klze 67mm bored TB/ Custom CAI / 2.5 Custom exhaust / Drift kit front and sides/ CF Invader hood / 17'' MSR gunmetals with chrome lip / Tockico Blues / Suspension technique springs / Leather interrior/ B&M SS / Fully customized interrior (Red and black) / Corvette Red 00 Paint w/ white,blue,gold pearl / Shaved altezzas w/ black trim/ Front rear strut bars / ze ecu ( I think that's all )
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

hehehe, you had a run in with a crx boy too eh?? Those guys are funny. They like to lie about their engine, and then blow you away. I'm not hating on him though, I actually enjoy that sort of thing.

:lol:
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I lost to a civic at the track one day... told me he had a D15Z1 with a header... then I heard a blow off when he jumped out of first... stupid honda jerk....

I used to run with a kid who had a CRX and swapped a ZC SOHC with a jackson racing supercharger, and he was pretty quick... spanked a lot of eclipses and such. only vehicle i saw him lose to was a 350Z and a Supra. Not a bad little car!
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

yeah those car sare nice i had a crx zc swap close ratio gear box fun car the car had a b series engine whether from the sir 1 or 2 (sir 1-2, 175-185 hp) am not too sure i have seen integras with exhaust work alone beat turo charged mitsubishi gsr (gsr 190 0 205 hp)in the qauter mile
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

nickmx3 wrote:am not too sure i have seen integras with exhaust work alone beat turo charged mitsubishi gsr (gsr 190 0 205 hp)in the qauter mile
Are you tlking about the Mitsubishi Cordia GSR? NWH will a highly modded 'tegra beat a true DSM gsr, bone stock their 200hp/175hp with less than $500 in mods they can put over 300HP to the ground. The true GSR is a very rear car, my brother owns one. Truthfully these cars are reted the biggest badest sleepers on the market, cuz for less than $2500 your running low 12s easy.
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Chasing_Size wrote:i fekking KNEW IT!!!

I found out the truth... Talked to one of the guys that was there, that guy has a god damn TYPE R top end with a GSR bottom end... fully built, no honda on the hwy has that high of gear ratios....
Well then basically it's a built B18C5. Probably putting about 230HP to the crank if not more.
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

those are pretty quick in a short race..they dopnt go all the way to 120 mph..but they are fast as freak.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
nickmx3

Post by nickmx3 »

the gsr was a j-spec so was the integra but the gsr is all wheel drive. the gsr we have here is basically a lancer 1.8l dohc turbo charged small turbo
1995 J-Spec Az3, BPT swap, mazda speed eibach springs, mazda speed swaybars, mazda speed exhaust, mazda speed shock tower bar, mazda speed bodykit, sr shocks, disk-brakes all around,turbox boost controler, honda del sol act pressure plate, fmic 20x12x3
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Actually the DSM GSR is AU-Spec, But just like my brothers 2.0L turboed G63 powered cordia, they were two varians released, the 2.0L-t (4g63bt J-spec)and the 1.8L-t (4g62bt AU-Spec), and the HP & TQ was the same becuz of a slightly larger turbo. But only the AU spec came badged as a GSR.

And the DSM GSR was not all wheel drive, I have a real GSR tranny sitting in my shed.
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

mazdubber wrote:
Chasing_Size wrote:i fekking KNEW IT!!!

Well then basically it's a built B18C5. Probably putting about 230HP to the crank if not more.

im going with this.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I raced a crx with a gsr in it when I was n/a...neck to neck..
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”