SQUEEKY TRUNK!!!!! :@

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx3-92

SQUEEKY TRUNK!!!!! :@

Post by mx3-92 »

Anyone ahving problems with there hatch squeeking and rattling? Its like its loose or somthing... Anyone know how to fix this or am i just stupid and its really easy.. :?
92-mx3
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

It could be something as simple as a loose bolt or nut, but it could also be worn out seals. My RS would rattle like crazy when I had my subs in because the guy who had the car before me would blast his system constantly. My GS is still pretty quiet, even with the bass on.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

Did you check the plastic trim that goes all the way around the upper part of the hatch? Might be loose like my last mx-3.
No more MX-3.
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

i wrapped electrical tape around the U shaped thing that locks into the hatch 3-4 times and it fixed it.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

There was a TSB for this on 93's as well. http://mx-3.com/tsb/s047-93.gif
Image -Jim
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

What is that TSB, I can't read the pic at all? You might also try adjusting the latch on the hatch, It has a few bolts (just like the hood latch) that you can loosen and then move the latch down to tighten the hatch. Most likely you need new seals though. Once they wear out they will allow the metal of the hatch to touch the metal of hte car and thus rattle. Our car's are plenty old enough to need new seals all the way around.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

My hatch is squeeking as well and found that the plastic panelling at the back by the latch is loose. The clips holding the panel to the hatch seem to be losing its bite. I've put it back together a few times and after a while it loosens again. Might be time for some new clips.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

PATDIESEL wrote:What is that TSB, I can't read the pic at all?
Bulletin 047/93
Subject: Rear Hinge Noise
States that a rattling noise may be heard in the rear hatch area on 93's and gives a VIN range of affected MX-3's along with instructions for replacement with a modified pair of hinges.

I couldn't read it at first either but if you move your cursor over the page which is also a GIF file, you should see a small toolbar pop up in upper left corner of your screen along with an orange/blue "zoom" button w/arrows symbol at lower right corner of your screen. Click the zoom symbol one time and the view will zoom in to enlarge print and diagram to be readable.
Image -Jim

Return to “Appearance”