MORE PICS: What is this? (vaccum problems)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
greenstorm

MORE PICS: What is this? (vaccum problems)

Post by greenstorm »

hey guys all help is appreciated. I'm a noobish mechanic so while i was able to put in the engine and all, i am having trouble with a few minor things

I was able to start my new engine (hooray) but im having a couple of issues due to vacuum leaks.

what is this and where does it attach to?

you see those vaccum thingers under the TB? what goes to it?

what kind of car IS that?
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

Goto to the shop manual on this site. The bottom picture would be the EGR solenoid valves found in section F2, pp 125-126. The front solenoid valve goes to the air cleaner and the back one goes to the EGR valve. The "top" ports of the two connect to each other. *EDIT* The top picture is the PRC solenoid valve, which the manual says controls vacuum to the pressure regulator. The PRC solenoid valve mounts to the air cleaner assembly facing the distributor. The end with two ports is different on yours than mine. The top port on mine is capped. I have a '93 GS w/ an ATX.
Last edited by Robotaz on April 3rd, 2005, 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

I have no EGR on this KLZE, should i just plug them (any recommendations how to?)
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

I never just plug anything so I couldn't tell ya. Did ya see that I found the part in your top picture in my first post?
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

yes. hmm i got rid of my air box and went for a CAI type deal... i wonder how i mount it etc
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

k since you got no egr..you can cap the little nipple that normally plugs on the intake tube. trow away the bracket with solenoid that was behind your tb and make sure everything that was connected to is capped. there's a lot of struff you can throw out when you don't have egr.
well you can trow every solenoid out except the one for the vris. (the one for the fpr is optional but most get rid of it since it's only for start ups)
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
faried

Post by faried »

It's your Purge solenoid which controls your idle. One hose goes to your charcoal cannister and the other to the bottom of your TB. On your MX3 the old Purge solenoid sits just behind the TB on a bracket bolted to the body.
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

probably why it only revs and doesnt idle. so what do i need to do total here...
unbolt the thing with the vacuum thingers ( im not by my car or even in the same state right now so i cant look but dont i have to unplug a plug too?) and the first picture i can just get rid of that? not plug it in or anything?

wow i really should have done a lot more tagging when taking it out.
faried

Post by faried »

Look at page F2-128 on the online manual!
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

where is the online shop manual on this site? i searched but couldnt find it!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

faried wrote:It's your Purge solenoid which controls your idle. One hose goes to your charcoal cannister and the other to the bottom of your TB. On your MX3 the old Purge solenoid sits just behind the TB on a bracket bolted to the body.
That hose with the gray tape, I'm hoping the other end is not disconnected and the end with the gray tape should go to a vaccum spiggot on the IM, I believe. I'm trying to sort similar issues myself post ZE install. Trying to utilize/fudge between K8 vaccum/emmissions layout and Millennia layout. My eye's just go buggy sometimes trying to follow those diagrams. I feel for you M8, good luck!!
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Macen

Post by Macen »

greenstorm wrote:where is the online shop manual on this site? i searched but couldnt find it!
http://www.mx-3.com/95manual/index.cfm
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”