How frequently do you have to clean your dash???

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Chiggles

How frequently do you have to clean your dash???

Post by Chiggles »

No matter what, it seems like I have to wipe off a build-up of dust off my dash about once a week. It's not like I live in a dusty area or anything like that, so how is it that I accumulate so much dust so fast? It's not a gross amount or anything, but I still don't think I should have to clean it that often. Am I wrong about that, or is there something I can do to keep my dash clean for a longer period of time? Not sure if it's something to do with the venting, or for that matter, if that really is the case, how to clean the venting and reduce the dust??? Thanks in advance! :D
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Using ArmourAll will increase the amount of dust your dash attracts. Took me forever to figure out thats what was causing the dust issue in my Nova. If you are using that stuff.. find a different product that advertises the same benefits and give that a try. If you are not using armourall I guess your on your own LOL But good luck in any case and post back what you find out :)

Tunes67
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

i also noticed that on my dash, so i did an experiment. on my dash i used son of a gun or something and i used armorall on my wifes mx-3 ( we just bought it a week ago ) and it seems that armorall collects way more dust than the product i use for my car. hopes that helps
bp mx-3
Chiggles

Post by Chiggles »

I haven't been using Armour All spray-on anything. What I had been using was Armour All wipes just to clean the surface off. The stuff seemed to do a good job when I got it and dries off quick so I kept using it. Are you suggesting I should try a spray of some sort or just use a different brand of wipes??
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

armorall wipes or spray.. doesnt matter.. I think its a marketing gimmick.. makes it look good.. but collects dust faster so you use more of their product to keep it looking good.. so you spend more $$$ on their products. I havent bought any for a while so I dont know if Blue Coral still makes a interior treatment similar to armorall.. but I used to use their stuff on my Nova and it worked excellent.. and instead of wiping down my car every weekend.. I ended up doing it once a month. Granted.. I am a smoker and my car gets cleaned more frequently than non-smokers cars.

Tunes67
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Armorall is horrible! As comic book man from the simpsons would say "Worst Car Interior Cleaner Ever!" I like the Black Magic Pro Shine Protectant, good stuff but is isn't working like it used to: I think my car's interior is losing a battle with the sun. Soon after detailing the door pieces, the very top by the window starts to fade, looks like the plastic is soaking up the cleaner but still drying out is the best way to describe it. I'm gonna tryout the Meguires brand next, I'll let you guys know how it works next week.

PS- Armorall sucks big fat a$$, I believe it lead to the cracking of the dash in my 1977 Nova. Interior was flawless, only using 409 to clean the interior. Then I fell in love with the shine that Armorall put on my dash, but approx 3 months after using Armorall I had two BIG cracks in the top of the dash. Armorall sucks!
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

FYI: 409 is too harsh for interiors pieces. It's best to just use some warm water with a little dish detergent in it. (ie: Dawn)

I clean my interior once a week so I don't know how ofter the dash would get dirty if I let it sit. Also, I live in the South so we have more pollen and crap down here and it sticks to everything. :evil:

Meguires products are the BEST!
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”