Altezza 3rd brake light

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
cashmoneyspeed

Altezza 3rd brake light

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

Made my 3rd brake light into an altezza style light the other day. I think it looks real good. It completments the chrome altezzas i have really well.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Love to see some pics, sounds interesting.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

Still haven't figured out how to post pics on these sites yet. :( I do have pics of it on my computer though so i'll try to figure it out. I have tons that i downloaded from my digital camera, but i can't seem to copy and paste them here.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You need to get a host site.. like http://www.cardomain.com You can post your pics there and then link to them here on this board.

Tunes67
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I've done that. I have my cardomain site up but i can't seem to get any pics to post on there. Not sure what i'm doing wrong but i've been trying for awhile.

ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

You could email them to one of these guys that know how to post them and they can do it for you, maybe.
No more MX-3.
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

E-mail them to rod.oracheski@gmail.com and I'll put them up for you.
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I figured out how to post pics, however, i still haven't gotten a pic of the 3rd brake light that i'm happy with. Pics just don't do it justice. I'll try again this weekend.

BLue STeeL

Post by BLue STeeL »

i've been wanting to try this for a while. i'd love to see some pics!! and wanna give me some advice how i can do this myself?
92 MX3 GS
92 MX3 RS - for sale ask for details
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

Pics coming soon. All you have to do is remove the cover over your 3rd brake light and then remove the 2 10mm nuts and take the brake light assembly out. Than remove the lense with a pocket screwdriver and you're done. Take the bulbs out and get some red ones and reinstall. Took about 10 minutes to do.

jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Dig through some old posts by Taras where he used the outside cab light from a fairly new pick-up truck. It was a set of LED's and he integrated it into the third brake light housing. I believe the pics were pretty sweet looking. Try looking as far back as January perhaps. FWIW
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

jschrauwen wrote:Dig through some old posts by Taras where he used the outside cab light from a fairly new pick-up truck. It was a set of LED's and he integrated it into the third brake light housing. I believe the pics were pretty sweet looking. Try looking as far back as January perhaps. FWIW
Like this one; http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... rake+light

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”