trying to figure out yr of engine

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dave1970p

trying to figure out yr of engine

Post by dave1970p »

i just purchased a 2.5 from a junk yard it was in a mx3 and i know it did not come stock like this so i was wondering if there is any way to tell what yr the motor is and what type of car it came out of any suggestions would be helpful
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

look at the stamps on the head...k8 stamp means stock.. kl 01 probe gt.b
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

get the serial number off the block it will read KL followed by 6 numbers and phone in to Mazda and see if they can tell you anything about it. Not sure if they can though but worth a try.
dave1970p

Post by dave1970p »

hey thanks any suggestions are helpful
SimonPK

Post by SimonPK »

take a look at the spark plug leads - there is usually a year printed somewhere on it - failing that most plastic parts have a code molded on to it - the timing belt covers have this on the inside - they are kind of like 2 clocks but with arrows pointing to a month on one and a year on another.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”