What Suspension Are You Running?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Nd4SpdSe

What Suspension Are You Running?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Will al the suspension topics, I figured it would be a good idea to get a general idea (or a poll if you will) of what people are actually running in their Mx-3's. This would be handy in terms of information on what's popular, what people like, don't like, what can be done, and even what's out there.

The basics of this thread, post what ya have, if you have bushings, shims or anything related, include those if you will.

Basics of intormation
-Parts of the setup
-Personal opinions on pro's of your setup
-Personal opinions on con's of your setup
-Any difficulties/modifications required for a successful installation.
-Reason why (For looks, for racing, "because I can", etc.)

If you had a previous setup, please post what you had, pro's, con's and why you upgraded.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
DavidOS

Re: What Suspension Are You Running?

Post by DavidOS »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Will al the suspension topics, I figured it would be a good idea to get a general idea (or a poll if you will) of what people are actually running in their Mx-3's. This would be handy in terms of information on what's popular, what people like, don't like, what can be done, and even what's out there.

The basics of this thread, post what ya have, if you have bushings, shims or anything related, include those if you will.

Basics of intormation
-Parts of the setup
-Personal opinions on pro's of your setup
-Personal opinions on con's of your setup
-Any difficulties/modifications required for a successful installation.
-Reason why (For looks, for racing, "because I can", etc.)

If you had a previous setup, please post what you had, pro's, con's and why you upgraded.

ZX2-SR Struts (tockicos), Eibach Spings for mx3 v6
Pros
Ride is pretty good, bit stiff on bumps but better then before
Ride sits perfectly low, not to high not to low just right.
Car Handles ALOT better on corners now and the sterring has improved about 100% from the new strut bearings
Con,
none yet.
Difficulties
30 minutes of grinding the mx3 perch, the old mx3 shafts that went through had a squared off side, the new ZX2 has a circle so had to grind off the square side.

Reasons, handling has improved at least 100%, looks wise it looks the way it should ahve come from factory ZOOM ZOOM.
my other options were konis, but after all the cash dumped into them for revalving and crap to match spring rates etc...etc... i figued i could have a nice chunk of turbo money.
OVERALL AWESOME, NON EXPENSIVE upgrade, much ZOOMIER
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Parts
-Koni Special adjustable struts, GC coilover 450"lb front 500"lb rear, GC camber plates, Custom Made tubular heim joint rear suspension, custom made delrin front bushings

pro's of your setup
-Completely adjustable, No rubber bushings anywhere, handling can't get much better

con's of your setup
-The ride is brutal, every vibration and bump in the road you feel and then some

Any difficulties/modifications required for a successful installation.
-Lots of custom machining and welding for the rear suspension and the front bushings

Reason why
-I always wanted to setup a car with no rubber bushings and a no compromises suspension setup
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

FBSS chassis tech air ride suspension

Pros: :pimp:

Cons: very very very very bumpy ride unless running bags half full!!!!!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Current setup:

KYB Strut mounts front & rear
ZX2 SR struts front & rear
ZX2 metal thrust bearings
Eibach 1.0" springs (made for ZX2)
Custom-made control arm & upper trailling link urethane bushings

Pro's: rides nice, full setup cost me next to nothing since I got lucky at the JY and paid $60 for the entire 99' ZX2 SR suspension

Con's: doesn't lower nearly as much as I wanted. Front looks like it might have dropped 1" and rear maybe .5". I modified the springs to make up for that difference ;)

And as everyone knows, to fit the ZX2 struts you have to use the zx2 metal thrust bearings which means you have to do some minor dremel / drilling to shave away 2mm from the bore of the upper perch on the front struts.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”