Rear Spoiler or this shade.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
freyguy_412

Rear Spoiler or this shade.

Post by freyguy_412 »

Hey, I apologize if this topic had been done before, but I couldn't find anything. I'm trying to figure out how to get this shade http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/images/hatchshade.jpg or my boy says he's seen spoilers that mount up top too. Any ideas?

Also, I got my windows tinted all around and they coundn't tint over the ugly dot matrix in the back window. Now I have that little strip where people can see through my limo tint. Has anyone found an effective solution for this nusance?
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Try corksport.com for the shade. As for the dot matrix, I don't know, but hopefully someone will.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

My complete back window is tinted, dot matrix and all. Unfortunately nobody can be told how to tint the dot matrix (j/k).

Just have it tinted like it wasn't there.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

the only problem with tinting over the dot matrix is that your going to see little air pockets where the dots are nothing wrong with it but after a while there is the possablity that the tint will start to peel off it all depeneds on how skilled the guy that put it on was. as for that shade i've seen them before and they look sweet so if you can go for it
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

yeah... ive seen the pockets that are formed from the dot matrix.. thats why when i had the tint done all the way around, i had them skip that matrix. everyplace i have seen cant tint the matrix fully, and I dont want any pockets at all. if i can find a nice spoiler that mounts up there it would hopefully cover up that part of the window. if not, then the shade it is... thanks guys
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

After market tint should always stop at the factory psuedo pebbled tint. That factory tint I believe was an attempt to protect the rear passengers from direct sunlight etc. Ant it did, somewhat, but because of obstructive visability issues, the factory could not go any lower with it's built-in tinting. The factory came out an oem accessory to protect the back seating / hatch area a little more effectively by means of the smoked acrylic shade ban that attaches the the upper sides of the hatch. This in essance continues on where the built-in tinting ends in order to extend the overall length of sun protection. That acrylic shade ban will not or rather is not intended to cover or protect the upper most portion of the rear hatch glass.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

mx almere wrote:My complete back window is tinted, dot matrix and all. Unfortunately nobody can be told how to tint the dot matrix (j/k)
LOL!i THINK that's a reference to the movie... if not, forget i said anything

isn't there some sort of black paint (for lack of a better word) to make the 'dot matrix' into a solid black band? i'm sure something could be done about it... i don't care how skilled the tint guy is, i'd still be worried about it peeling off or bubbling up if the dot matrix was tinted over...

some one should look into some sort of permanent window paint in order to make the dot area solid black.... then you wouldn't have to worry about the tint
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I origionaly considered trying out a regular flat black paint, after lightly sanding and priming the area. But my concern became color matching. It would be barely noticable, but the black dots could be a slightly different color. I haven't persued it much though... trying to use it as a last resort. Also thought about that tint used for tail lights but don't know how well it would stick to the glass. Maybe when the weather gets better for painting, I will try painting the damn thing. Why oh why must car manufacturers do so many horrible things to these cars, things we must undo in order to create a beautiful performance machine?!?!?! :x
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Back when I had mine tinted the guy suggested (and said that it'd been done before successfully) a vinyl sticker kinda like the ones ricers put across the visor and write stuff on.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

Nallboy wrote:Back when I had mine tinted the guy suggested (and said that it'd been done before successfully) a vinyl sticker kinda like the ones ricers put across the visor and write stuff on.
true! good alternative... just might have to look into that since it's gettin' warmer out and the MX is gonna start gettin' used again...
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

That was my other alternative. The place I usually go to for my stickers and banners quoted me $80 bucks though. Usually they charge $40 for windshield banners, but because the back area is so wide, they wanted double the price b/c they had to used the wider material. I wanted it to go all the way to the top of the window, not just that patch. So I'm still considering that one too, but I'm going to check around a couple of places and try to find a better deal.

Return to “Appearance”