A weird question! just intrigued...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
snellgrove

A weird question! just intrigued...

Post by snellgrove »

Ok, I hope all your cars do this too, coz its weird and I hope its not a problem or something going wrong :shock:

but anyways, i'll be sitting in neutral at some lights or ..well, anywhere is good, idling away at around 700rpm (or slightly higher if I have the Air conditioning on, but I dont use that much ;) definately makes the car feel slower!!!)

now if I go and put the clutch in, the revs drop to around 400rpm!!!! :o tis well weird, if you dont put it in gear... and bring the clutch up again, the revs return to around 700rpm! ...clutch back in.....back down to 400rpm!!!

tis well weird, any particular reason the MX-3 does this? (or is it just mine, going badly wrong :lol: )
1997, Silver, V6
Kenzie

Post by Kenzie »

My RX-7 does the same thing but it has compresion issues. I've never really had that problem with either of my MX-3s.
::'94 MX-3 GS::KLZE::
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I'm pretty sure most MXs have idle issues. I could stall my 92 just by hitting the brakes at a light, or one good thump of bass would do it to. :)
The other day my 96 wouldnt keep a steady idle, it kept going from 500 - 1500 rpm.. and randomly it will be idling fine and the just bog to like 200 or so, and then keep idling like there was nothing wrong.. odd cars in general, i think.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

mine idles fine, it'll stay at a steady RPM whatever, AC on or off, clutch in or out.. its just it has a lower RPM when I have the clutch in, than out?! guessing mines the only one doing it though :shock: :(
1997, Silver, V6
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I have had a problem with my car as well. It's only really noticable on cold starts, but when I push in the clutch to start the car, get it going, and let go of the clutch, my rpms drop. When I push in the clutch, the rpms go back up a little bit. I just figured it was the weight of the clutch on the motor, my clutch is kinda shot but still holds fine. I hope this goes away when I upgrade, but I'm not too worried about it.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”