92 MX3 V6 5-Speed for Sale $650 OBO

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
kensgs

92 MX3 V6 5-Speed for Sale $650 OBO

Post by kensgs »

I have a 92 MX3 V6 5 Speed for sale...for $650 OBO. Black with Black/grey interior. Most options. Newer rear tires and newer exhaust from Cat back. Had passed strict Va state inspections in Oct. Runs but very rough due to (I believe) cracked head (blows a lot of white smoke). 171K. No rust - looks nice on the outside (has dings) with only one rip on the drivers side seat. No radio. Hood has dent on front. Call 703-753-1241 in Gainesville Va. If I don't sell this in a week, I will probably Ebay this off but I wanted folks on this forum to have a chance first..... $650 OBO.
ken_ossenfort@yahoo.com
703-753-1241
Gainesville Va.
kensgs

Post by kensgs »

Reduced to $550! This car also has a power sun roof!!
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

not tring to bash at all. chances are man car needs new motor and that means selling it will be a prob. maybe you should think about parting out. maybe you can get rid of it faster that way. just thought id through you that idea. good luck man
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

wtf u talkin about, its a good deal! lots of ppl always looking for GS 5-speeds which are perfect candidates for a KL-ZE swap. I bought my GS for 500 back a couple years ago w/blown motor & tranny and swapped the s---.

Hell, i'd prefer this car over mine b/c its black (assuming its in good shape)
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

why oh why don't you live in ontario??? :(

i would pick it up in a second if that were the case.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
kensgs

Post by kensgs »

Thanks for the suggestions. The car looks decent in which it would be a shame to part it out but if I don't sell it, I may have to part it. Let's see how the next few days go. Thanks!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

did you get my email? i emailed you last night, no reply yet.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
kensgs

Post by kensgs »

I replied to all of my emails....did you receive it yet? If not, make sure to send the email to" ken_ossenfort@yahoo.com
BTW....I have pics to send....
Jason Harrison

Post by Jason Harrison »

can you send me those pics? I might just come down and take it off your hands.. jasonx@stripnyne.com

Thanks,
J.
kensgs

Post by kensgs »

Jason,
I sent you some pics.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

ovendenk wrote:why oh why don't you live in ontario??? :(

i would pick it up in a second if that were the case.
amen

if only more people in ontario sold cars like these my driveway would be full of them
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

johnnyB and ovendank, for petes sake, Gro said it all. Find a bud, truck and trailer, drive down, pick it up and bring it back. It's not rocket science.
It's a 13 year old car, the duty at the border would be minimal and just as low for tax. Car is in Virginia...how much salt do you think that car has seen? I'm getting the impression that Ken used this as a daily driver and more than likely was not trashed about. After seeing pic's the justification should be obvious. Research your cross border importing of used vehicles at revenue/customs canada. Toll free number and website. johnnyB, call Steve at A-Spec and ask him how simple it is in importing vehicles - he does it all the time - it makes up half of their revenue. The exchange rate is ripe for the idea. My guestimate, $1,000.00cdn after all is said and done. Pretty damn good, considering. IMUHO
Go get it Jason :2thumbsup:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

its not the problem of going to get it its the getting it certified that screws me over. I'd have too much work for my own good to get it certified. I need to ZE my car before I get a 2nd car to drop an engine into
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

what if us ontario guys threw our money together to get the car and scavenge what we need? just an ambishious thought.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

let me explain. $650 USD is about $800 CDN. i check the directions to get down there and it's almost 1000km for me and that's both ways. that's at least 5 tanks of gas which is about $200. now i don't know what the duty will be, but i think it's safe to say that it won't be $50. anyways, assuming i can find the time to get down there which will probably involve an overnight somewhere, it'll probably cost me at least $1500 and i can get a decent quality car for that on auto trader here in ontario or even ottawa. it's not an issue of being lazy or anything, it's just not feasible. :P
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”