heater control lights out

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
vtmx3

heater control lights out

Post by vtmx3 »

one of the lights behind my heater control is out. How should I go about replacing this? I noticed it would go out every so often, but it would work if you taped the control panel. Now it's just out completely.

I have a 1995 rs if that helps. Also was woundering if I could just replace my 194 bulbs that light up the gauge cluster, with aftermarket colored bulbs? Has this been done? Or is the actual gauge face green?

Well thanks alot.
Taras

Post by Taras »

For the neater control, you need to take the trim around the hvac controls and behind you wil find a single bulb.

Gauge faces are not green, it's the bulbs that have geer sleeves on them, so you can replace them.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Too much Time

Post by Too much Time »

YEAH, VTMX3; I have the same problem.

A few times, I've gone kinda overboard and slammed it so hard that the wipers came on.

I thought it was a loose connection but I don't know. Could it be that the light is on it's last limbs? I thought those style of light never burn out.

Has anyone fixed this problem and if so, could you help us out?????

Thanks

raf
95 240sx S14 - Yes, I go Sideways
happyclown

Post by happyclown »

Anyone have anymore imput :roll:

Im just going through my car making some small tweaks, and i want to get these light changed... im going to try and find what i need this weekend but if anyone can say what bulbs are needed... where to get some... or anything like that, tha'd be sweet

whoop whoop 8)
1993 RS Teal
msilverton

Heater Light Out

Post by msilverton »

I had the same problem, bulb had blown. I went to the Mazda dealer, found a similar one and replaced it. It was not identical, but hey, it works.

Mike
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

anyone know the actual size of the bulb is ? it's much smaller than a 168 bulb

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”