front suspension crossmember noise?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
jfbourgault

front suspension crossmember noise?

Post by jfbourgault »

I recently went to the garage( yesterday) to have my car inspected because of a strange noise I was hearing everytime I was leaving in 1st gear. When my mechanic jacked up the car, he noticed that the crossmember bolts where loose of about 1 inch on each side, which explained the strange noise, they where tightenned and he told me that the noise would still be there because the crossmember had taken some expansion because it had been loose for sometime.<P>Does anyone know about this problem, and do you think the noise will disapear once the car has run with everything tightenned back like it's supposed to be??????? the noise is not very loud , but it's there and it's bugging me like hell! <P>------------------<BR>
92 mx-3 GS .greeeeeeeen!<BR>Honda !!!, what do you mean Honda??<BR>Oh sorry, you meant that piece of crap parked next to my car! oh sorry again, I meant to say lawnmower....
EMPTYPOCKETS

Re: front suspension crossmember noise?

Post by EMPTYPOCKETS »

i dont know if the noise will ever go away but i have a parts car. i will sell u the crossmember if the noise doesnt go away<P>------------------<BR>Elegant Beige 92 GS<P>McGaughy@saber.net

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”