fix it please

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
ven

fix it please

Post by ven »

please help

I need someone that knows how to work on my
96 mx-3. I am having a hard time finding a good shop. So if any of you knows how to fix mx-3's let me know and I would like to talk further.
I live in mississauga - toronto area and will bring it anywhere.

Its not major things I'm just not good at this stuff. I drive thats it.

get back to me and let me know what you think

pm

or

msn or email -- Venpaintball@hotmail.com

thanks in advance for any help you can give
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
If your in North Bay lets hang out and go for beers
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

what exactly is wrong with your mx? maybe its something us other mxers have had to fix ourselves also.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
ven

Post by ven »

1) well I think my cv joint on my passanger side is needing fixing. its making loud noses when I turn left.

2nd problem different from the first

my car sounds like its draging something from the rear left side in first and second gear. when I shift to third or get higher speeds in second it goes away. But slow second and first its thier. tin draging sound like a muffler. only its not

I stopped looked under I cant see any problems. muffler is in good condition and all mounts are secure.
I laid right under the car. and I dont think its a heat shield problem either...
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

ven wrote:1) well I think my cv joint on my passanger side is needing fixing. its making loud noses when I turn left.
2nd problem different from the first
my car sounds like its draging something from the rear left side in first and second gear. when I shift to third or get higher speeds in second it goes away. But slow second and first its thier. tin draging sound like a muffler. only its not
I stopped looked under I cant see any problems. muffler is in good condition and all mounts are secure.
I laid right under the car. and I dont think its a heat shield problem either...
That crunching sound when you turn sounds like you assesment is correct.
For 2nd problem, perhaps your left rear caliper/drum is siezing. Lift car and try to spin by hand. If unable just drive a short bit and put your hand on the wheel - getting warm/hot - seized. If seizing, then could be faulty caliper or hand brake cable is stuck/seized. Hope this helps.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ven

Post by ven »

never thought abotu that for the second problem thanks I will give that a shot and see if thats it

so you think it has nothign to do with the gearing?
if I srin the tire at low speeds by hand it should still make the sound(im hoping) and I can pin point where its coming from....

hummm thanks I will give it a try.
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

and if you're still looking for a shop, Jay has kept my baby on the road and always finds the best deals for parts for me. its JPI Auto at Weston/Steeles just behind the Sunny's gas station. (just south of our meets). Tell him "Ian with the MX-3 sent you"
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

my mechanic is at weston and steeles too :P beside the big rig shop.
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee
mazda_95

gear noise

Post by mazda_95 »

A good way to eliminate the chance of it being your gears making that noise is to get your car to make the noise either in first or second like you said then quickly shift it into neutral if the noise stays its not your gears but if it goes away i would look futher into your tranny.
ven

Post by ven »

thanks its not the gears I know that because its from the back of the car near the back driver side wheel no where near the front of the car where the trany is..
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
ven

Post by ven »

Well thanks too AZN_playboy21 I now have my car working in good order again..hes very good and I would let him work on my car any time..:)
It was the CV joint...
and the second prob..there was some tire flat repair stuff in my tire and it hardend and was rolling around in the tire and hitting the alum. Rim making the tin noise had tire removed and stuff taken out and good as new.

Thanks again Chi for all the help.. But Im sure you'll have more work to do on it when the sun comes up and the snow goes away..
Thanks again...

Steve
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
AZN_playboy21

Post by AZN_playboy21 »

yo what up steve
thanks for the positive feedback
where did u get ur tire done?

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”