ok once and for all

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Ateana

ok once and for all

Post by Ateana »

ok everyone says the bpt will kill the RS tranny... is there any truth to this... and if so the LX tranny requires you to change the passenger side driveshaft right? and thats it? if you get the bpt and the pro lx tranny do you need a clutch kit for the bpt or the protege to get them to mate.. so confused. searched lots but everyone says 10 different things.... lemme know.
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

It is much recommended that you get an lx tranny with the BPT. You *CAN* run it with the RS tranny but why? You will only look to upgrade it later. You will have to get a BP clutch and flywheel for it also.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Methos

Post by Methos »

How do I tell which tranny I have in my car? I have a 93 SOHC with a 5 spd....
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

If you have a question of your own make your own thread, dont jack this one. I dont know what the stock code is for the stock mx-3's
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

if i broke my RS trannt with teh stock motor, what will a BPT do to it
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Ateana

Post by Ateana »

Well if you werent such an excellent source of info i would say you would kill any motor / tranny if you killed an rs :D and you should learn to drive (just playin papa roached) however, since you know what your doin i will just say point taken. i will find the pro lx tranny.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Actually unless you do some major strenghtening then yes your rs tranny or F series tranny will shatter. The G series is stronger. For the swap you will need the Passenger, Driver, and trans axles, To mate your RS tranny mount with the BP tranny mount, and a flywheel and clutch for the BP tranny. It is not that hard to swap trannies. Although a little more money it is better spent now when you do the swap then later when you have to do the whole taking engine out and putting it in again to change out the tranny.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

it was just the tranny i broke but an example because it was a SOHC that i broke it with, i just dont wanna see ya put the cash in your car and something happen to the tranny, it break and lock up and destroy the car or even hurt or kill ya, just watchin out for my peoples
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
Ateana

Post by Ateana »

much appreciated. and just to clarify for myself and anyone that searches this post. the 1994+ RS DOHC and 1993- SOHC have the same tranny?

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

yup

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”