Self Installation on Underglow or have a shop do it?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
luke_mx3

Self Installation on Underglow or have a shop do it?

Post by luke_mx3 »

I have the Streetglow Gold Series underglow set up, but I don't have any idea how to hook them up but I would like to learn. I don't have any way to lift up my car if that is what I need to do so... should I try to do it or should I have a shop do it?
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Well, one way or the other you will need to get under there :shock:

It all depends how you want it setup I guess, you could go about doing it yourself (the front and rear are cake if you own zapstraps and stock bumpers). The side's you will need to drill a hole on each then run all the wiring up through the drain plugs we have or through the engine bay(I would suggest the drain plugs though, less wiring in engine is a good thing) and get a rocker switch or any interupter switch and your set.
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

if you don't mind taking the time to do it yourself, do it. This way you can try to hide the bulbs as much as possible which on an mx-3 isn't that hard minus the sides you'll see a bit. Some people put down a black rubber between the blub and mounting point to hide it totally your choice.

Do it yourself, also good choice on streetglow
luke_mx3

Post by luke_mx3 »

Ok sounds like I'll try and do it myself. If all goes badly I'll take it in.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Hey Luke, if you get stuck, post back here and we'll try to walk you through it.

But don't just get under there with the jack - get a pair of jack stands - they won't go to waste, you'll need them in the future.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
luke_mx3

Post by luke_mx3 »

Ok.... so I have just got my car back from replacing a wheel baring. What were you saying about jack stands? What are those? I have the ramps that you drive up on to like change oil would that work?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

I have the ramps that you drive up on to like change oil would that work?
Yes - even easier for one end at a time!

Jack stands are the one you put under your car after you jack it up and they are adjustable height.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”