my mx is jacked up!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
gapimpin

my mx is jacked up!

Post by gapimpin »

so i just got an mx3 off ebay got it for $650 its a 92 with a 1.6l. problem is i bought it at night and havent looked at it much since cause i havent driven it . its idleing at about 2000 rps seems to run ok other than normal wear and tear its got the defect with the auto seatbelts that dont work but when i popped the hood to adjust the idle screw i noticed alot of stuff wrong the engine wiring was butchered it had cut wires and silicone used everywhere to hold it together their was a pen shoved in the 2nd vacume connection on the intake next to the pcv valve and when i turned the idle screw nothing happend like it wasent even thier any suggestions on what to do about this mess.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

1st>take it back to the seller and have them fix it
2nd>if that doesnt work try to find someone around that knows mx3s and help you with it
3rd if that doesnt work try to fix it urself
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Where you located man? IF you posted something like that someone might be able to help ya.
mamoo

Post by mamoo »

A PEN?

Holy crap!

A good lesson to be ultra-careful when buying a car online.

If it were me, I'd go back and check the eBay ad and see exactly when it said about the car. If it was sold "as is,' you're probably out of luck.

You could also try your local DMV or auto club, if you're a member; they might have some advice.

Good luck, my man.
gapimpin

Post by gapimpin »

im in austin and i have only seen one other mx-3 ever in this city and it looks worse than mine so im not asking that guy for help. Im veary good with cars but this is the first import i have ever owned so i have to learn the engine and wiring all over cause its way diffrent than any domestic that ive seen but this has alot more room to work in than my grand am did. im doing an extensive tune up on it plus im upgrading the ignition to an msd blaster 2 coil ngk wires and denso plugs just to make sure im getting total ignition but i have never seen the engine on these before so i have nothing to compair to check the damage does anyone have any pics of a 1.6 up close that they could post for me and possibly an install on an msd system the search option keeps comming back blank for me soory for the long post but thanx for the help.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”