speedomiter problem

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
gapimpin

speedomiter problem

Post by gapimpin »

so i just got my mx-3 literally last night and the speedomiter is not working at all its a 1.6l 5spd the rpm guage still works but speed odomiter and trip meeter not working what could this be and are their any firs mods i should do to this car besides a tuneup?
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

What model year?
gapimpin

Post by gapimpin »

sorry its a 92 mx-3 not sure what model
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

That's ok, just needed to know the year cause I believe the 4cyl model speedo sensor set-up was changed from mechanical to electrical in 94+ years and the 94+ is what I'm more familiar with. Anyway, for starters probably ought to pop the hood and look for the speedo cable coming thru the firewall going into the transmission and make sure it's connected.

After that, I must defer to those owners more familiar with the 92-93 set-up.
Image -Jim
m92_MX3

Post by m92_MX3 »

well do you have a SOHC ? and that would be the RS, anyways your going to need a spedo cable i got one for 75$ at a dealer, but if you have the SOHC 25mph is at 3000 in 2nd and 35mph is at 3000 in 3rd and 55mph is at 2500 in 5th just to help you out a bit :D
CTC Racing
92 1.6L
93 323 Tranny, ACT clutch, Exhaust, cold air intake, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 8.5mm super conductor wires NGK V-power platinum plugs,engine dress up,custom interior(almost done), GS front bumper, GS 5 spoke wheels Painted white.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

might also wanna make sure the cable is hooked to the back of the dash and is hooked under the hood on teh tranny, i have pulled mine out of the tranny when i had my 92 RS and had pulled it out of the dash before too
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Could also be the needle on the cluster or the cluster it self?? Good luck!!
mamoo

Post by mamoo »

If the trip meter isn't working either, I'd worry whether it's been tampered with. Is the odometer working?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”