Which 6.5s? 2 or 4? Need some advice

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
showgun

Which 6.5s? 2 or 4? Need some advice

Post by showgun »

I'm a little new to the sound scene and I'm going to be replacing my speaker system in my car soon but I'm a little torn on which speakers I should use.

I was thinking about going with the Infinity References, I've read that the Reference series is pretty good. Is there a specific Reference model I should get or any you recommend?

Also, I'm going to be going with one 10" sub in the back, so would it be better to just go with two 6.5" speakers in the front or just go four 6.5" all around? And would it be wise to power the 6.5"s with an amp? If so, which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for all the help. :D
--Brian
'93 Mazda MX-3 RS
4cyl 1.6L SOHC
http://www.cardomain.com/id/showgunx
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

personally, i'd go ahead and go with all four 6.5's, subs are really meant for just bass. putting 6.5's in just the front will mean you have all your highs and mids up front and nothing but bass in the back. with all 4 you can balance the sound a little better, and you already have built in spots for the 6.5's in the front and back so you may as well use em. as for the amp, it's probably not really neccessary unless you really want it. i'v got two 10" subs in my hatch running off 200w rms each, and my 4 6.5's are running off the head unit but still don't get drowned out too bad. you should be alright.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”