What The Heck Is Going On Here!!??

Off-Topic Discussions
fry_81

What The Heck Is Going On Here!!??

Post by fry_81 »

ok heres how my day has gone, the phone rings at 6:30am but i didnt make it in time and some guy leaves a message saying to call him back. confused already, i call this stranger back at around 7am. he tells me he's calling from north bay or thunder bay(i cant remember) and wants to know if i can pick up the bumper today or if he has to come deliver it to me today.(im was buying a bumper from a guy in sudburry but he said he would deliver it to me monday, making me more confused) so we talk for a few minutes and he proceeds to say he'll be taking the bus down here to deliver it and the bus leaves at 10:30am today. so i say ok, and give him my work number where ill be for the majority of today if he needs me.
the strange thing was when i asked his name, he said his name is blain or blane however its spelled. but the guy im buying it froms name is john. :shock: so i ask him if he's a friend of johns.
nope never heard of him.
so i was really creeped out, once i get off the phone i emmediatly run to the computer and e-mail john to see who was calling me. he calls me 30 minutes later wondering whats going on.
well john had just woken up and has never heard of this blain guy and he hasnt told anyone about him selling me the bumper nor have i told anyone.
i get even more scared because i had just told this blain guy my address where to drop off the bumper and he should be here later today.
so now some stranger has my phone number, my address, and my name. what the heck am i going to do now???? this guy sounded threatening on the phone....should i alert athorities??
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Sounds weird. Definately alert everyone who lives with you and the authorities.
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Yeah thats pretty freaky. Just be careful and keep your eyes open for anything. I dont know if the cops would be to concered because it was just a phone call but maybe you can call just to give them the heads up. Let us know what happens.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

yeah, wtf? I'd be callin the cops if I were you
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Theres nothing worse than worrying about if someone coming to get you or something. I had this friend in high school and now he has become a real maniac. He threatened to kill his parents or something so he got kicked out of his house and a restraining order put on him. I have my own apartment and he keeps calling my house wanting to stay with me for "one night" He offered me forty bucks once just to stay one night. Like I cant be doing stuff like that.. The second this alcholic drug addict walks in the door Ill never get him out.. I can see me having to call the cops to come get him to leave... Plus I dont know what he would steal. If he wasent such an a--hole to everyone his entire life then mabey Id help him out.. If it was one of my real friends Id be like "Come on over! Stay as long as you need to buddy" But this jerk.. Mabey a few days sleeping on the street will make him get his act togethor. You cant help someone who wont help themselves.

and about your guy.. I'd keep an eye on your car too...
Last edited by Franko on February 5th, 2005, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

maybe hes a split personality ??

I'd be careful if i were you Fry, sounds a little scary.... im curious to know what happens..
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Go outside, change the #'s on your house, if you got a 9, turn it upside down, or vice versa. Say your name is (insert random name here) and that you don't even own an mx3 let alone do you know what one is. If he asks what kind of car you do have, tell him you haven't owned a car in years and your last one was an old Duster. If that doesen't work, I would say the cops are your best bet :help:

Note: Hide your car at a friends or if you own a garage park her in there for the night.
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Must be some sort of mix up. He already had your name and phone number so he could have got your address anyway. And he knew you're after a bumper. I wouldn't be too worried, I'm sure he can fill you in when you meet him.

You've got his phone number too so if he was up to no good he sure is dumb.

But if you're not comfortable, invite a couple of mates over when you meet him.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Just hope jason bourne isnt after you..
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Franko wrote:Just hope jason bourne isnt after you..
LOL!
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

thanks for the replies guys, yes lets hope it isnt jason bourne lol ya after he called i took the civic out of the garage and put the mx3 in there lol. but i dont know whats going on now, i havnt heard back from him since yesterday morning, so im starting to think this whole thing is over. its strange though cause i did a reverse look up on his phone number and he actually is from north bay, and i dont know anyone from northbay or even remotely that area. but ah well, i guess i have nothing to fear now.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com

Return to “Off-Topic”