Airbag vs. Coilovers + new struts

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
nickblaney

Airbag vs. Coilovers + new struts

Post by nickblaney »

Hey guys, im new to the forum. i bought my 1993 v6 gs about 2 years ago when i was 16. done some things to it so far, but im thinking about either going with an air ride system or just getting new coilovers and new struts. What would you guys recomend?

If i go with coilovers im going with Ground Control coilovers with Tokico gas struts. Also, if i am going to go this route, should i buy new strut mounts as well? and if you get coilovers, does that replace the need for springs or do u need to get coilovers and springs?

Or should i just go all out and bag it? I dont know a heck of alot when it comes to the specifics of modifying cars. if someone could just give me the jist of what airbagging the ride actually does and the major pros and cons about it that would be great.

Thanks for your time in advance.
Nicholas Blaney
1993 V6 GS
phillyMX3mayn

Post by phillyMX3mayn »

either springs or coilovers. dont know much about air bags except that u can raise or lower ur ride in an instant
-Steve
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

it depends what kind of set up your going for. air bags give a very comfortable ride, and have the cool factor of raising it and lowering it to any height you desire instantly. however im told they're handling capabilities arnt the greatest when compared to coilovers. so basically is a choice of comfort VS handling.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

air bag=pimpin

coilover=handling

Pick which ever meets what you want your car to do.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”