BP from Miata???

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Domnknpimp

BP from Miata???

Post by Domnknpimp »

Hi. I know its always recomended to get a BP from a Pro LX, blah blah blah.... my question is, how hard would it be to get a BP from a 94 + Miata to fit in my 93 Mx. I know it would probably be easier if i had the 94 + model because of all the extra emissions . I know that the intake manifold will also be on the other side of the car, which doesn't bother me, because it will be turboed, so it'll probably be easier that way so i could have the MAF on the drivers side and then throw all the pipes to the other side of the engine and not have them all clutter on each other... Anyways, will I have to get a new wireing harness? Will I be able to just splice a few connections and use my existing harness? Will it go on to the same engine mounts? Thanks a lot
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

The search feature is a good place to start. Its been discussed. The engine sits in a different position, if you have ever seen an engine bay of a miata you know this. Im not sure if the FWD trannies they use in the pro will bolt up but i dont know. search and you will find.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

Your biggest problem will be that you will also need to find a FWD BP oilpan, sump pickup and dipstick otherwise the oilpump will be sucking air everytime you turn left. And the Miata dipstick goes into the oilpan not the pump cover. One of the BG 323 guys tried this and by the time he got the BP-ZE to the point where it would drop into the car he had pretty much swap almost everything from a BP-DE onto the BP-ZE long block.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”