Bypass FPR silenoid

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Joey's mx

Bypass FPR silenoid

Post by Joey's mx »

Ok so Im running an "adjustable fuel pressure regulator" and it has 1 vacuum line and is supost to go right to the manifold!! So there is really no need to have the silenoid there!! If i take it off will there be a code because it is not pluged in??
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Also i am bypassing the egr valve so Would it be safe to bypass the silenoids for that too?? Basicly i only need the silenoids for the vics!!! Will it bring up engine lights if i bypass those silenoids??
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

eh dude,
i was wondering where you mount your afpr? thanks
bp mx-3
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

You can't fully remove the solinoid. You will have to leave it connected electically to keep the check engine light off, but you can remove the vac lines from it and run a vac line from your FPR straight to your intake manifold. This is what I've done on a lot of cars. The only thing that solinoid is for is cold start warm up. It closes the valve so the car will warm up faster, no vac to FPR rises the fuel pressure richening the AFR. Unless you live in REALLY cold areas you probably won't notice a differance in warm up.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

Cool..thanks again for the really good answer!!

I mounted mine just over top of all the solenoids..bracket is attached to intake manifold!!
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

i was wondering if you just remove the vac lines on the fprc solenoid and leave it that way or do you have to plug them?
bp mx-3
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

I plugged mine!! but i dont think it matters!!!
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

hey thanks dude. do you notice that the car starts a little later now? what did you set your psi to? i'm running 47psi at idle and the rx7 vaf is at 1 click rich. it's running great and i have better throttle response. with the other mods i have and some dyno tuning, i'm making 127whp @6700 rpm. not bad but trying to get 150. do you have aim?
bp mx-3
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

I was running 48psi...i will have to see in the spring what to run because building all motor so probably going to have to run a little more with the mods im doing!!

do I have aim??
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

AOL Instant Messenger.... the most EEEEEEVIL chat system ever devised.

IRC forever!
Joey's mx

Post by Joey's mx »

oh no I dont!!! you could email me though....monstermazda_32@yahoo.ca

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”