Fiber glass hood pricing so far

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hgallegos915

Fiber glass hood pricing so far

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok I showed up to where they make these hoods. asked hey how much to get a fiberglass stock looking hood for my car? He said 2500 pesos - around 220 dlls from the shop. Stupid me didnt mention anything on any deals on group buys and I KNOW i can get them cheaper..so if anyones interested let me know. These are stock looking fibner gloass hoods...he also makes invader style..I also mentioned I want a perfect job lol reinforced and everything..the works. I am going to get one made for my friend curtis who has an rs. Will post pics when he does get the hood. These are fiber glass not carbon fiber.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I am down as long as shipping isnt too ridiculus. I'd like to see a pic as well before I make my final decision
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

will they ship to canada??
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

i'm sorry, i'm not sure what the benefit of fiberglass hoods are as opposed to the metal ones... what makes them better?
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

very light weight.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

how much lighter?

anyway, an invader style would be cool... just need some more info about all of this... maybe some pics, exact prices, shipping charges
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Is it going to make a difference in your track times? no prob not. I really dont know what the main purpose of CF hood is in the first place besides looks. Fiberglass will just be painted anyway so its the same look but you dont have to hold up as much when you open the hood.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

ya id like the invader style also
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well what makes these better? the designs.. you can get the supra style, invader you name it.. Fiber glass is cheaper than cf. Fiberglass can be painted over , so can carbon fiber but whats the point of painting it over. Fiberglass can be cut, so if you decide you want an extra vent just make the right cuts, if you mess up it can be fixed cheaper. IF a fiberglass hood cracks because of a crask or something causes it to crack it can be fixed easy. Just an altrnate to cf i guess? different people have different tastes. Shipping to canada ooo i would need to ask what freiht line does this and also insurance wouldnt be an option it would have to be included.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Acamori

Post by Acamori »

depending on what all styles are available, there's a chance i'd be interested. see if you can post some pics of the different types they'll make.
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Keep it under $450USD for the invader ( including shipping) and I bet you'd get a lot of us canadians too ante up. We could have a hood for every month!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

mx3TT wrote:Is it going to make a difference in your track times? no prob not. I really dont know what the main purpose of CF hood is in the first place besides looks. Fiberglass will just be painted anyway so its the same look but you dont have to hold up as much when you open the hood.
If you drive in solo 1 or 2 or something, it might very well make a difference in track times. Think about it, you're taking a pretty good amount of weight off the car. But that's only the beginning. Think about where the weight is. Taking weight off of the front to get closer that magic front/back weight balance of 50/50. But a hood is also high (or tall) weight. Taking that weight off will effectively lower the center of gravity. Just something to think about.
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Well im saying if people are going to be looking for gains by putting this hoodon they will not see it. There is to much crap going on about cf and all that about being so great and all it is, is played out.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

it can make a difference, but you need to do more than just the hood
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I thniki it would be nice to have one because they are not as common as carbn fiber hoods and of course cheaper and you can do more things to them because they are fiberglass..chop add chop add ect.
-hec

Return to “Appearance”