projectors

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
David Witherow

projectors

Post by David Witherow »

i know there have been countless post about this....but i was just talking to a guy that i know about some body work and he suggested having some projectors made for our car.....so anyway we talked for a bit and he said that he could make a projector for our car.

it would be just the housing that he would be making and he said ruffly $150 - $200 per pair if we had around 10 or more ppl....it would obviously be more with the projector lenses...but for now this is what he said the price would be....and we can figure out a price with lenses if this thing actually gets off of the ground

so what i am doing is just testing the waters on how many ppl would be interested.

if you want you can email me wes_x@hotmail.com that is also my msn or pm me what ever you want or call me if you want 905-970-0035

and he says that they would take about 3 - 4 weeks for the design and then another couple of weeks to make the housings.

they would look something along these linesImage
Last edited by David Witherow on January 27th, 2005, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

im in, as long as the look and fit right
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

this is just the style that they would be i think they will only have two lights not three and flow to the shape of the headlights better
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

i want!!
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
illicitQ

Post by illicitQ »

is CF a possibility? :D
92 RS: BPT, evo front mount, custom 2.5 in IC pipes, apex-i SAFC- II, GReddy type-RS BOV, rear disc swap, GTX front strutbar, oem GS lower rear tie bar, Topspeed1 axle back exhaust, 15" TSW wrapped in yokohamas, power window swap. NOT INSTALLED: GReddy turbo timer and CS downpipe.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

$150 count me it, would he make some like those in picture? something like integra style so I could fit some integra lights in there
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

yeah im sure cf is a possibility but for more money.....and i dont know about the integra lights....it will probably be a couple of hella projectors different sizes
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Looking closer at the pic and it appears that the hood may have been modified slightly to accomodate the housing. I assume this will not be the case in this project. What material will the housings be made out of.....fiberglass, ABS? At any rate, they look good (not rice) and I'm interested.
:2thumbsup:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

im pretty sure fiberglass.....and no the hood wont have to be modified......like i said this post is just to see the amount of intrest.
Taras

Post by Taras »

I suppose this is about Lights, so to the Lighting it goes....
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I believe the lights in that pic are miata lights. But yeah, if they lool even remotely close to that, like I said, count me in
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

eeee ooh hehe that looks EXACTLY like my 3d projector project that im conducting...it sucks that I didnt think of it first..well for those that wanted to know how it looked...well there it is. Also well yeah 150 is a perfect price since the projectors cost around 130 shipped. This is exactly wat i meant as in 3d projectors. Except mine are made out of the o1 civic projectors and can be done in less time. BUT hey i would also love a pair of these if they look like the lights in the picture.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I don't care who makes em, I just need them and need them now! :lol:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ill be making the first set this coming week, these are for curtis a guy on this board he lives here in ep. Ill show everyone after we are done and of course I wont charge him because hes letting me first try it on his mx. As for this guy, guys give him a chance. These look awesome and may look like mine but they are slightly different. Mine are off 01 civic, his are probably from miata. It is SO AWESOME that we are finally having some variety of choices with the style of our cars. :)
OH and please make them somehow swappable like my projectores that i made, meaning we can swap lights wherever we want. Maybe one day i want your projectors and then the next ill want mine..swapping would be nice :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

good point hec, I am kinda psyched about these cause he says he's copying the stock housing, which means bolt on! yay yay!

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”