REDLINE?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3parkerGS

REDLINE?

Post by MX3parkerGS »

i know the ko8 and american 2.5 redline at 7,000rpm, but what does the klze redline at? is it 7k as well? or higher?
'94 White MX-3 GS. Engine bay empty and waiting for the 2.5DE.

Completly stock, at this time.

Parker
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

I believe its at 7500
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

off topic, "NOTE: MX-3's can only use the Millenia
curved neck manifold", is that true? i swear ive seen pics of mx3's with the short neck or whatever manifolds?

Parker
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

The short neck manifold found on the klde will fit in the mx3 no problem. The long neck found on klze's fit with quite a bit of modification, so most people if they dont get a curved neck ze to begin will take off the long neck manifold and replace it with a curved millenia one.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

The 'redline' on manuals are insignificant since fuel cutoff doesn't come until after 7500 RPM.
MX3parkerGS

Post by MX3parkerGS »

oh, so ze's didnt come with short necks? just the long and curved? btw, those r the only 3 necks right? or are there more? theres just one to many necks for me! lol, so if i dont wanna mod to fit, im best off with the curved ze correct?

Parker
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

What do you mean 'mod to fit'? I presume if you're doing the swap, you already plan to do a cold air intake, in which case, it's just as easy to do the short neck as a curved neck. I've got a short neck. Just needed to buy a 90 degree elbow for the intake, and the rest I used inexpensive couplers that came with the kit.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Yeah the curved neck ze is the easiest. But like I said, if it comes with the long neck, just remove it and put on a millenia one. Then just sell long neck to the probe guys on probetalk.com for around $200
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

IIRC all the k serie engines had 7k redline even the klze. The ze as the weeker valve spring/retainer combo. They suck big time. for you guys that have the kl31 cammed ze..carfull with your revs. I've seen lots of ze destroy with broken intake retainers including mine
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”