any irish or english members

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
wokkyie

any irish or english members

Post by wokkyie »

hey there my name is mark and am new on this site. also proud owner of a 1.5 dohc mx3. love the car. looking to swap info and get tips from others. also looking for decent places to buy modding stuff. any help would be greatly apppreeecciiaatted. thanks :driver:
mad for the motors, motors for the mad
BADMX3

Re: any irish or english members

Post by BADMX3 »

there are about 10 people who post regularly on here from the uk.

a few from scotland with modified rides. then a few people in England. Havn't heard bout anyone from ireland apart from you posting. Though i seen a pic of a modified one from ireland.

You can find a few parts> but not much at all on ebay + they are expensive from there. Other than that there is sweet FA! there is a company called evo performance who can get you pak kits from austria but you are better just ordering straight from pakfifer in austria in my experience.

There are very few modified mx3's as they are so expensive to modify in the UK I think Alibath's is the most modified and that's just got a pak kit on and nos and stuff
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Alright Irish. Get your self set up on Cardomain, its the easiest way to show pics of your pride and joy. Have you done anything to her yet?

Welcome to the board
wokkyie

Post by wokkyie »

did the usual under the bonnet, induction and plugs. mazda speed exhaust out the back. apart from that not much yet. got some clear front bumper lights from ebay look really well and cost half they would in ireland. wheels next but haven't made up my mind yet. already sitting on 16's (prev owner) look okay but he sprayed them himself so need to be refurbeb. having probs with the fogs, they won't work. bulbs good and fuses good but just no go on the light.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

It may be the switch, or loose wire. When I had my old Clio I almost took the dam thing appart to find it was only the switch.

What Induction Kit are you using?
wokkyie

Post by wokkyie »

green cotton twister. plumbed it straight to the orignal air duct over the rad. nice purr coming from under the bonnet, also got a mazda speed exhaust on the back so between the induction and exhaust - music sweet music. would you recommend changing cam pulleys for something lighter?
MX3Waterford

Post by MX3Waterford »

Originally posted by wokkyie:
green cotton twister. plumbed it straight to the orignal air duct over the rad. nice purr coming from under the bonnet, also got a mazda speed exhaust on the back so between the induction and exhaust - music sweet music. would you recommend changing cam pulleys for something lighter?
Hey wokkyie,
I'm from Ireland to, only got mine a while back to and starting to do things to it now, there's a couple of places down here in Waterford that can get you performance mods and exterior styling, if you want any info let me know
Shane
wokkyie

Post by wokkyie »

hey there shane. good to hear another irish man. seems to be more and more mx's on the roads here latlely. having some trouble finding bits and pieces for the mx. have to buy alot from the states. can you send me the info you have for waterford. i think it would be a great help. by the way how do you find the prices?
thanks
MX3Waterford

Post by MX3Waterford »

Originally posted by wokkyie:
hey there shane. good to hear another irish man. seems to be more and more mx's on the roads here latlely. having some trouble finding bits and pieces for the mx. have to buy alot from the states. can you send me the info you have for waterford. i think it would be a great help. by the way how do you find the prices?
thanks
E-mail sent.
Engine wise I get my parts in the scrapyard. I think prices are ok in comparison to any other car I've had. Where bouts are you in this huge country??
petekav

Post by petekav »

Hi lads! I'm a new owner living in Dublin (formerly in the UK).
I take "delivery" of a '93 V6 in Black in November (when its current owner goes travelling around the world). :D

Exterior is a bit tatty, but I think it will clean up pretty good.
67K on the clock, but no serivce history. Engine runs smoothly, but I'll probably get a preventative cam-belt change done ASAP.

Will definitely welcome advice on mods and maintenance, and sourcing bits in Ireland.
*JO*

Post by *JO* »

ello.......im english 8)
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

Lo all :D long time no see, im a UK MX'er with a slightly modded ride an im in Co. Monaghan in the ROI at the mo working :D
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
ozeire

Parts in Ireland

Post by ozeire »

Hey all

Nice to see a few MX-3 owners from Ireland here . Have mine for 2 years now and love it

Only Prob now is after NCT i need a new front drivers headlight and can't find anyone anywhere in Ireland or even UK

Anyone help me out

Regards

Al
V6 Power

UK Members website at last!

Post by V6 Power »

:D At Last, It’s what all UK Mazda; Eunos Mx-3 Owners have been waiting for! :D

The first official UK Based Mx-3 website purely for UK owners only.This site will be the basis of a collection of registered UK owners including Members images and locations and will eventually host a forum where UK members can chat about mx-3 mods, spec’s, sightings etc. Once we gain enough members we can start arranging the first official UK-Mx-3 group meet!

Best of all, It will be free to register! At the moment this site is under construction, but in the next few weeks will soon be live!

Check it out at http://www.uk-mx3.com

Please Note this is in no way affliated with the best US based website http://www.mx-3.com!

Return to “European MX-3 Community”