Headlight covers

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Redlined

Headlight covers

Post by Redlined »

ok my headlights suck. I know that I can supposedly use this magical meguiars **** that makes them clear. Well I used it and ones half clear and the other one still blows. The guy that painted my car was sanding my hood and accidently ran over the headlight. :crying: So there are these things out there called clear headlight covers. Is this what I need or is this just a pointless thing to go over the original headlight like those smoke colored covers. Like im saying can this clear cover replace the stock one or am i stuck to steal the headlights off that mx-3 up the road.. lol
borntorun

Re: Headlight covers

Post by borntorun »

umm...hold the guy that painted your car accountable? thats what i would do :shrug:
Taras

Post by Taras »

Forget the covers, you will just loose about 2% of output with them if you are lucky. If your original leses are so scratched up and you can't polish them off with plastic polish, then you could try this:

Depending on the magnitude of damage, you could see what sand paper you wish to start with. May be 1000, may be just 2000. Wet sand. Take your headlights out of your car, so you can't hold me accountable for scratching your car this time. So lets say you go with 800 or so. Go 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, Plastic polish. See what happens. Wanna protect them, get plastic film pritection like www.x-pel.com sells. Good luck. Oh, if you ruin your lights, do not hold me responsible. It takes about 30min per grit per headlight, unless you get orbital sander with appropriate pads. This is just a suggestion. I remember someone else suggested rubbing compound, its more coarse. Necer tried that one before.
Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

ive only ever used rubbing compound on mine. can u fix your link? id like to try that stuff your suggesting to protect. rubbing compound after sanding of course

<small>[ January 03, 2004, 03:33 AM: Message edited by: Steeb ]</small>

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”